U.S. Justice Department trying to quash Mueller team testimony

webfact

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I think a little balance needs to be added here from a neutral?  Muller was lauded and fated as much as Comey was denigrated but when either did not go the Dems way they were hated. Muller does not want to be at the hearing as he spent years investigating and producing his 'nothing burger' report. Now Dems aim to bully and bushwack him (good luck with that!) and he will stand firm. Now they 'postpone' the hearing. What farce the US has become these days - just vote him out next year? and 'good luck' with that too because you are playing into his hands and many 'neutrals' will go his way as they hate all these dramas and 'Spartacus moments'. I quite like AOC she has spunk, a nutter of course, but at least she's a good sideshow.

Clearly not neutral or accurate.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I think a little balance needs to be added here from a neutral?  Muller was lauded and fated as much as Comey was denigrated but when either did not go the Dems way they were hated. Muller does not want to be at the hearing as he spent years investigating and producing his 'nothing burger' report. Now Dems aim to bully and bushwack him (good luck with that!) and he will stand firm. Now they 'postpone' the hearing. What farce the US has become these days - just vote him out next year? and 'good luck' with that too because you are playing into his hands and many 'neutrals' will go his way as they hate all these dramas and 'Spartacus moments'. I quite like AOC she has spunk, a nutter of course, but at least she's a good sideshow.

Haven't heard or read much hatred of Mueller coming from the Dems. But, on the other hand the Republicans have been quite overwhelmingly consistent in that regard.

And the reason that the hearing was delayed was so that Mueller would testify at greater length about the report. I'm betting it's going to be the Republican Senators who try to "bully and bushwhack him".

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:
On 7/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, atyclb said:

oh man, i am glad i have hobbies

Denigrating a thirst for knowledge isn’t a hobby; it is a pastime—and a feeble one at that.

a thirst for knowledge; really, on the tv forum.    hobbies and sports and a musical instrument hardly denigrate anything.

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Haven't heard or read much hatred of Mueller coming from the Dems. But, on the other hand the Republicans have been quite overwhelmingly consistent in that regard.

And the reason that the hearing was delayed was so that Mueller would testify at greater length about the report. I'm betting it's going to be the Republican Senators who try to "bully and bushwhack him".

Well... let's see?  I just wish everything was not so politicized but the US has a huge divide that might take decades to heal... if ever. 

15 minutes ago, atyclb said:

a thirst for knowledge; really, on the tv forum.    hobbies and sports and a musical instrument hardly denigrate anything.

My condolences to the musical instrument, and the balls you play with.

3 minutes ago, Thakkar said:
20 minutes ago, atyclb said:

My condolences to the musical instrument, and the balls you play with.

the level of wit with which you replied with reinforces my statement.  thank you

2 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:

If Trump has nothing to worry about, he’d be scheduling Mueller’s testimony himself. His concern is a large red flag.

Thankfully Trump, doesn’t have the authority to order Mueller not to testify so we will get to hear the unredacted truth

I think that's the conventional wisdom and I tend to think that way too, but the fact is it never seems to turn out that way. It could very well be a "rope a dope" strategy, which doesn't mean the accusers are wrong, it just means they have a tendency to overreach and the media amplifies that and then what might have been a scandal turns into a "nothing burger" (which I hate myself for having said) for only being 50% as bad as all the hype suggested.

And of course everyone's become innured to having constant political upheaval at this point. I think we can come back stronger after 4 years of this. I'm not sure we can come back at all after 8  years of it. 

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:
8 hours ago, atyclb said:

the level of wit with which you replied with reinforces my statement.  thank you

Arbiter of wit on TVf. Is that another one of your hobbies?

you are well versed at the "art of missing the point"

45 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Actually, this whole exchange began when you missed my original point of reading the Mueller Report by irrelevantly and snobbishly suggesting I should get a hobby. Perhaps, thinking too much of your little sports hobbies, you were more interested scoring, rather than making, any point.

12 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Actually, this whole exchange began when you missed my original point of reading the Mueller Report by irrelevantly and snobbishly suggesting I should get a hobby. Perhaps, thinking too much of your little sports hobbies, you were more interested scoring, rather than making, any point.

I think the sport hobby he's pursuing is sniping. Which is kind of sad, considering that the keeps on missing.

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think the sport hobby he's pursuing is sniping. Which is kind of sad, considering that the keeps on missing.

I wouldn’t denigrate a man and his little pastimes that he adorably calls “hobbies.”

As we tell our kids: what matters is the participation.

35 minutes ago, Thakkar said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

the intent of my comment about being glad that i have hobbies was a relief directed to me in what has become an ever escalating political circus and it was not intended to sleight anyone.

then there a few posters that seem to be too fast to reply, react and too synchronized with each other.  normally most of us have but one tvf account and are unable to react to / like our own posts.

17 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the intent of my comment about being glad that i have hobbies was a relief directed to me in what has become an ever escalating political circus and it was not intended to sleight anyone.

then there a few posters that seem to be too fast to reply, react and too synchronized with each other.  normally most of us have but one tvf account and are unable to react to / like our own posts.

Well, shucks, you’ve got us. We are all one person (being paid by Soros, perhaps?) professionally ganging up on you. (To what end? Only The Illuminati know). We’re just doing a job. Which begs the question: what’re *you* doing? You really should get more hobbies, you know.

5 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Well, shucks, you’ve got us. We are all one person (being paid by Soros, perhaps?) professionally ganging up on you. (To what end? Only The Illuminati know). We’re just doing a job. Which begs the question: what’re *you* doing? You really should get more hobbies, you know.

I had to give you a "like" even though you are me and I'm laughing at my own joke which is very bad form.

22 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It looks like we're in a hall of mirrors. Funhouse mirrors.

Mirrors, mirrors on these walls

Should we play more sports with balls?

Or should we read the Mueller Report, so’s we know what we’re talking about instead of foolishly pontificating?

12 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:

If Trump has nothing to worry about, he’d be scheduling Mueller’s testimony himself. His concern is a large red flag.

Thankfully Trump, doesn’t have the authority to order Mueller not to testify so we will get to hear the unredacted truth

Mueller produced a 448 page report. For two long years the Dems promoted this hoax, with Trump knowing it was b.s. the whole time. Then the report finally comes out, clears Trump, and now they want to continue it further. And you wonder why Trump doesn't want to play along? It is over. Trump already entertained this silliness far longer than it deserved. We've moved on to investigating the origins of the hoax and hopefully bringing the people responsible to justice. 

9 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Mueller produced a 448 page report. For two long years the Dems promoted this hoax, with Trump knowing it was b.s. the whole time. Then the report finally comes out, clears Trump, and now they want to continue it further. And you wonder why Trump doesn't want to play along? It is over. Trump already entertained this silliness far longer than it deserved. We've moved on to investigating the origins of the hoax and hopefully bringing the people responsible to justice. 

You seem clueless about the statement from Mueller that the report did not exonerate Trump from having committed obstruction of justice.

11 hours ago, usviphotography said:

I give you some credit, Mueller did produce a 448 page report.  Everything else in your post is wrong.

59 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I give you some credit, Mueller did produce a 448 page report.  Everything else in your post is wrong.

Accurately quoting the number of pages proves that I’ve read it, dummy.

“A Suitable Boy” is 982 pages. The Encyclopedia Brittanica (1966 edition) is 28,342 pages. The Ten Commandments, you ask? Wait, is that a trick question? I’ll get back to you on that.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, expatfromwyoming said:

But for Barr, who proceeded to twist and distort the findings for political gain, saying that he determined Trump did not commit obstruction of justice- justice may have been served for America.

pretty much like Thai immigration, there is a law and than there is the LOCAL interpretation of it.... maybe Barr was taught Thai law

Archived