BANGKOK

Hello Mama by Taitosmith

Lovely song with English/Isan lyrics, though the English subtitles might be handy till your ear's tuned in.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Some great choices. One of my many favourites is Yoo Trung Nee by Pongsit Khampee.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

OK never mind I thought you like it

I like it.

i laugh because you know about it ka.

42 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I like it.

i laugh because you know about it ka.

I listen to Thai music because I lived in Thailand I also like Chinese music

On 7/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, Yinn said:

For thaiguzzi....

Whats the difference between Lamyai and Morlam sing. I like a lot of the street morlam with pin, drums, organ, kaen pipes etc

and the more traditional morlam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The morlam sing paradise dub band. Open at Glasto recently and opened the Pattaya cultural festival but i missed them

Sunnyboy2018, lamyai is really a luktung singer not morlam, lam cing (not sing) is a fast paced style of morlam started in the 1980's to make it more popular with the young. Sexy dancing and wiggling about does not make it a morlam performance. However the definitions of what style of music is which has become blurred with aspects being borrowed and copied, so some lam cing performances can consist of little more than fast paced luktung songs, non stop. Also now there is a new style people cite called luktung indie which seems to have replaced what was marketed as luktung/phue chee wit. Performers all seem to dress down as in phua chee wit (songs for life). If you go back to the early 50's morlam mu copied those sparkly amazing costumes from likay performers, now it's seen as traditional morlam costume. Again, it's all about presenting something 'new' in an effort to be popular

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

This this one have many famous Thai actor, singer and comedian. Crazy and funny.

Gang Laiprang. Tattoo face, now in jail for drug for 3year and 4 month Singer
Jass  Chuanchern comedian, singer, movie actor
Jass dad Udom Chuanchern Died December last year 4 wives 14 kids 8 with one wife, 4 with another another 1and 1 actor, song writer, famous Likay musician, entertainer 
Gotti comedian, tv guy, movie actor
Toffee Kayeegear  actor, comedian
Female singer Yair
Other comedians and actors, can’t remember the name. One foreign black comedian who can speak thai.

*maybe I spell there name wrong English 

• Like 1

This one also have Udom and his son Jass.

Very fun.

• Like 1

Not strictly Thai music but popular recently, even the dear leader was photographed with some of BNK48. It's Japanese music from AKB48 that being from Akihabara in Tokyo. The 48 does not mean there are 48 members, in Japan there are far more than that. I think they still have 5 'teams' in the same group. As they get older they graduate and leave and get replaced by new singers, it's all a bit complicated with voting and changing teams involved. Many Asian countries and other places in Japan have their own sister group or franchise of Akb, it's a bit like music 7/11! J pop or idol pop performed by Thais. Fortune cookie the most successful number.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The morlam sing paradise dub band. Open at Glasto recently and opened the Pattaya cultural festival but i missed them

Have a farang also...

• Like 1

No lukgrung posted yet, lovely to hear it and the most famous male singer was Suthep here with Christy Gibson, she's really an angel! Suthep looks pretty happy to be on a stage with her.

Thai radio online. The only one we listen to these days is fm90 luktung rak thai but fm 95 is also good. fm90 is owned by Khun Chang younger brother of the owner of Veteethai that held televised concerts every Sat for over 15 years, sadly no more.

http://radio.siamha.com/fm90.html