Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

On 1/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, Orton Rd said:

The genius of morlam. or so he was described in music historian Jenpops book of Thai singer biographies, the only one he praised like that. Chalerpol Malakham also has written for many others, very big morlam star

 

Love his song 'Meuan deuan lap fa' เหมือนเดือนลับฟ้า from his early days. Remember dancing to it back in 1987/8. Unfortunately the only version on Youtube is distorted too much to listen to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry, I listen to every song posted for the last three pages, trying to find a song that I like to add to the list of Thai songs I listen to. None of them lasted longer that a few seconds. As someone who plays a little and knows something about music,

All style and no substance

Basic rhythm with some major and minor pentatonic scale lead mix.  

All uninspired to say the list, dependant on glitz. eucandy and sexuality. 

Sorry I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who likes this type of music, There is no such thing as bad music, If you like it it is good. 

I am afraid I an dating myself with this one

and I don't particularly like all of Siriporn's music  but I like the folowing . I hate the video, I rather watch Siriporn,  I think the video  is sad. but IMO the music is inspired with musical verses building on each other.  .I never get tired of listening it.

 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bannork said:

Siripon has a unique voice. Udon has produced a few great singers imo- Ponsak Songsaen and Mike Pirompon (his family home is only 3 km from ours, his brother tends his fields and pond).

I know what you're saying sirineou. I've given up listening to Thai music on the radio, the morlam I like is all from the 80s and 90s. Occasionally there are some interesting country singers and songs, and now and again there is something good in the rock and pop worlds. I should delve deeper because there are many artists experimenting with mixtues of style, morlam and jazz for instance.

Here's an evocative song, imo.

Thank you for sharing ,

Ponsak is one of my wife's favorite also, The first song Kai Ja kao jai  has now made it into my listening list on Spotify.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for sharing ,

Ponsak is one of my wife's favorite also, The first song Kai Ja kao jai  has now made it into my listening list on Spotify.  

 

The first song is by Pongsit Khampee, a 'music for life' singer/songwriter. Here's another of his.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

 

 

takkey.jpg

I see Orton!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yinn  I really enjoy this thread.

 

What about a Thai movie thread ? I love Thai romantic comedies, ATM er rak error, The teachers diary, Bangkok traffic love story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

@Yinn  I really enjoy this thread.

Same me. Love to enjoy some old song from other people like. 

i will put on usb stick for my car. And one for party. 

 

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

 

What about a Thai movie thread ? I love Thai romantic comedies, ATM er rak error, The teachers diary, Bangkok traffic love story.

I think about do movie thread before. 

But difficult find the movie with English sub. (Music still can enjoy if not understand, movie can not).

 

But ok, i will research and start new thread. Next week. If not popular maybe just me and you. 555555

 

IMO thai music is good same USA music.

But not popular because it not English.

Same problem with Thai movie (But USA more skillful make movie, sure) 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bannork said:

Siripon has a unique voice. Udon has produced a few great singers imo- Ponsak Songsaen and Mike Pirompon (his family home is only 3 km from ours, his brother tends his fields and pond).

I know what you're saying sirineou. I've given up listening to Thai music on the radio, the morlam I like is all from the 80s and 90s. Occasionally there are some interesting country singers and songs, and now and again there is something good in the rock and pop worlds. I should delve deeper because there are many artists experimenting with mixtues of style, morlam and jazz for instance.

Here's an evocative song, im

 

Morlam that moves

Jintara. What a voic

 

Try fm 90 in the evening it is usually all morlam, even though it says 100% luktung! Thai rak Thai station is the best and the owner is the brother of the man who ran Veteethai concerts. Fm 95 is good at the weekends as they play old luktung, but that is run by government Mcot so not exactly independent. JIntara, I think I heard about her 😃 not seen that mv before though.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Same me. Love to enjoy some old song from other people like. 

i will put on usb stick for my car. And one for party. 

 

I think about do movie thread before. 

But difficult find the movie with English sub. (Music still can enjoy if not understand, movie can not).

 

But ok, i will research and start new thread. Next week. If not popular maybe just me and you. 555555

 

IMO thai music is good same USA music.

But not popular because it not English.

Same problem with Thai movie (But USA more skillful make movie, sure) 

 

 

The movie thread will be interesting, if you can find the movies with the subtitles it will be really helpful for those who try to learn Thai. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best Thai films and certainly the best music one, Monrak transistor. Released with subs, used to have the whole film on YT maybe Yinn can find?

 

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Monrak transistor.

I can't find my copy of Monrak transitor ( think I have a VCD stashed in an attic in London )

how about  Jan Dara..it has some naughty bits !

poster.jpg.652e0b99f723b26160f5f9c0b9cb42d4.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...