Thai Music we love

Yinn

6 hours ago, bannork said:

Yingyong is from Sisaket mrs always says he is khmer not Lao, not seen him since last year, my favourite song of his is Rak Mia, and he certainly does.

I thought I'd share one that was recommended to me recently. I rather enjoyed it. 

I'm also not sure what the rules are here. Can we ask for translations to certain parts? There's a different song I like, but I and Google translate dont understand some of the lyrics. 

Edited by alien365
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, alien365 said:

I thought I'd share one that was recommended to me recently. I rather enjoyed it. 

I'm also not sure what the rules are here. Can we ask for translations to certain parts? There's a different song I like, but I and Google translate dont understand some of the lyrics. 

If you like this you would probably like Baowee as well, very similar style which most would agree is phua chee wit, but you never know on here! 

9 hours ago, proton said:

If you like this you would probably like Baowee as well, very similar style which most would agree is phua chee wit, but you never know on here! 

Thanks. It's nice to know the name of the genre. I've only heard the following song by Baowee before which I thinks quite catchy. 

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations of modern-ish Northern Thai music? 

Some good singers come from the North but I don't know of a modern specifically northern sound, there is Lana of course. Just got in from seeing Ann Oradee one of the most popular luktung/morlam singers at present, she has great dancers, often with her husband in a larger morlam band

5 hours ago, alien365 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations of modern-ish Northern Thai music? 

Kai Pannnipa sang a lot of northern songs, not heard from her for a long time, very famous classic.

there is always lovely Luktarn from Chiang Mai, although don't recall her singing any northern type song.

Edited by proton

20 hours ago, proton said:

Kai Pannnipa sang a lot of northern songs, not heard from her for a long time, very famous classic.

there is always lovely Luktarn from Chiang Mai, although don't recall her singing any northern type song.

Thanks for the suggestions Proton. As I live in Central Thailand, nobody really knows of a Northern music scene as such. With quite a few expats living in that area I hope some will be able to explain further. Even isaan music is not that popular in my province, but I'm finding lots of that on YouTube. 

As you seem really into your music and you have shared a few of her songs, here's a cover of a classic that I think Lamyai sings very well. She also looks very cute. 

Edited by alien365

13 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Thanks for the suggestions Proton. As I live in Central Thailand, nobody really knows of a Northern music scene as such. With quite a few expats living in that area I hope some will be able to explain further. Even isaan music is not that popular in my province, but I'm finding lots of that on YouTube. 

As you seem really into your music and you have shared a few of her songs, here's a cover of a classic that I think Lamyai sings very well. She also looks very cute. 

Seeing Lamyai next week, not seen her sing this before, an old song probably the best version is this one. 

• Like 1

Saw Arm Chutima last night, saw her before but never impressed with her stage dress. However, good concert and she is very cute and friendly. Yuki on Friday, famous youngster.

Arm

P1110960.JPG

Just got in from the local Wat about 2k people there, only foreigner as usual to see Lamyai, she's the top luktung/ morlam singer today IMO, as far as concerts go anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy year of the Dragon, Ew Pempeyom the most talented, and beautiful Thai singer of Chinese material. Few years since I saw her, officially retired a long time. 

Edited by proton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, proton said:

Can't see it beating this from the same company Mr Mos, never seen him, very popular and many covered it

It's definitely catchy. I like it. Out of interest Proton, do you see much violence at the concerts you go to? My Facebook reels seem to show lots of fighting at events like this. Are fights few and far between or quite common from your experience? 

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

It's definitely catchy. I like it. Out of interest Proton, do you see much violence at the concerts you go to? My Facebook reels seem to show lots of fighting at events like this. Are fights few and far between or quite common from your experience? 

rare these days, used to be more common but might be worse upcountry, in Bkk and surrounding area its not a real problem. Phua chee wit seems to attract guys more likely to want a fight.

• Thanks 1