Dog dragged behind car in south Thailand - motorcyclist hits corpse and winds up in hospital

webfact

Dog dragged behind car in south Thailand - motorcyclist hits corpse and winds up in hospital

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video posed by "Jo Ruangrat" on Facebook showed an Isuzu MU-X car dragging a dog along a road in the Tha Chang area of Surat Thani in southern Thailand. 

The poster said the driver was an old man and they tried to get the driver to stop but he wouldn't. 

The dog - a brown and white Thai breed - eventually became detached and caused a serious accident.

In another Facebook post on the page of Wilairat Narkpradit  the poster said that a relative called Chainat Thongmark, 67, hit the dog's corpse on his way home and came off his motorcycle. 

3_Facebook Jo Ruangrat.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News showed pictures of Chainat with facial injuries and an injured right arm. 

No reason was given as to why the original car might have been dragging the dog behind it. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-11

WARNING: The video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

Some truly disgusting people in this world

If the old guy dragged it on purpose i hope his death is as painful and horrible.

Bad luck to biker i hope see sues the old guy for every satang he has!

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

It doesn't actually say that the driver knew the dog was there.

Why would anyone tie a dog to a car?

I wouldn't even think of doing this, I wouldn't want to accidentally forget the dog and have something horrible like this happen... I bet he did it on purpose

There is a good way to get rid of this. First let´s eliminate all strays. After that, implement a tax on dag that the owners have to pay. Already there we solved a lot of the problems. If a dog runs free roaming the streets or if an owner does something bad to a dog, let´s put a heavy fine on it and some jail time.

Everything is easy when you put logical solutions into the equation, but that was just a dream....just a dream as REM once sang.

To me it looks like the motorcycle man did not wear a helmet. He was lucky to get away that easy. Just up with the notebook and pecil. Fine the man if that is the case.

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How is this possible by people who would claim they are Buddhists?

Because they are mainly total hypocrites, who don't give a toss about life, their's or anyone else's.   They are, as a Nation, no more Buddhist than I am a alien. In the matter of hypocrisy of course, they are no worse, or better than any other religious people that  I have come across. 

8 hours ago, SanookTeufel said:

I wouldn't even think of doing this, I wouldn't want to accidentally forget the dog and have something horrible like this happen... I bet he did it on purpose

Where did you read the bit about "tying a dog to the car" ??

12 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

It doesn't actually say that the driver knew the dog was there.

Maybe he/she should have responded to those who tried to stop him. As stated in the article

Judging by the colour of the dogs paws to its body I would say the poor animal was alive when dragged and tried to stay on its feet as best as possible. They look like red raw from being dragged.

People here are seriously messed up when it comes to animal cruelty!!

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Everything is easy when you put logical solutions into the equation, but that was just a dream....just a dream as REM once sang.

What did the dog do wrong ?

It is nearly always people who cause problems . Your " dream " is a nightmare for others .

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What did the dog do wrong ?

It is nearly always people who cause problems . Your " dream " is a nightmare for others .

Who let the dogs out, who let the dogs out.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, SanookTeufel said:

Actually, this story has precedent in even western nations. Typically it is that a family stops for some food or roadside attraction and ties the dog to let him relieve himself. The family returns, piles into the car, and takes off with the aircon on high. It's an easy mistake to make with a group of travelers.

Remember Home Alone? Improbable premise but it also echos real life, more than once.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

How is this possible by people who would claim they are Buddhists?

The beautiful teachings of Buddhism you will find in books on that subject. But such teachings will not come from observing people living in Thailand.

Siddhartha of Herman Hesse comes to mind as a book I really enjoyed reading...

Archived