Stepfather held, mother hunted after brutal assault of five year old child

webfact

Stepfather held, mother hunted after brutal assault of five year old child

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Samut Prakarn said they had arrested a 26 year old man after neighbors reported that a five year old child was viciously assaulted at a construction camp in Phrapradaeng south of Bangkok. 

The little girl was left barely able to see after being hit in both eyes and sustaining other grievous injuries. 

Arrest warrants were issued for the mother, aged 23, and stepfather. 

The victim told investigators pitifully: "Mum hit me...but not hard". 

She is now in Ratchawithi Hospital under the care of doctors and is out of danger. 

Police said her future is uncertain though a grandfather has offered to take care of her. 

Meanwhile the hunt continues for the mother who also assaulted her. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-11

Although pixelated, just seeing the poor little kid's face brought tears to my eyes.

What an horrendous thing for anyone to do, even more so, to your own child.

Hopefully, someone can give her the love and attention she is in great need of.

This is NORMAL.  The weak ones are the victims, because the perpetrators know they cannot defend themselves.  Sadly, this story will repeat itself in thai news again very soon.  Remember, these are the ones we hear about, there so many more we will not know about.

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

This is when a GoFUnd can serve a purpose....

Yes, I can agree, but in this case it do not look like that is needed. She is already in good temporary care. The thing needed is to find a suitable family for the girl, and that can not be compared to an amount of money. What is most scary, is that they mention that a grandfather has offered to take care. How will he deal with the situation? Will he allow the mother and even the stepfather to take part in care of the girl at a later stage? Maybe he will just give the girl back to the mother after the probaly measly fine or sentence? I do not say that he as a person and individual is unsuitable, but you never know what happens just because feelings and close family ties.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

poor kid, hope she find love and happiness with the grandfather but he won't live forever ….

Grand father offering to do the honourable thing but I fear it's not in the best long term interests of the girl.

She needs a long term family with a sensible mother figure!

who can do this to a small girl at this age ? ???? 

my brain just cannot get it ????

they found the mother by the way and arrested her.

hope the kid will be in god hands from now on.

and really dont wand to hear from an Authority like: 'her future is uncertain.'

how come? you are the government, your job is to protect and provide a future to this kid! C'mon! 

Thailand is no a poor country anymore and lots of money in central bank! spend some for such kids instead of filling your pockets!

Archived