Return to Tham Luang - The first time after the Thai cave rescue

webfact

Return to Tham Luang - The first time after the Thai cave rescue

By Mikko Paasi

tlg.jpg

Erik Brown, me and Claus Rasmunsen 10.7.2018 "Those who say it can not be done, shouldn't interrupt people doing it" 13 kids all out safe and sound!

Now that is has been a year since the successful rescue of the Thai football team and their coach from the Tham Luang cave, I think it would be appropriate to share some footage from inside the cave to show how it looks like after the operation and without the muddy water. 

As we know, the kids got out just in time before the cave system flooded again. Us few rescuers ended up having to hold our breath to dive out to safety. The cave stayed flooded for 9 months, until March this year, after which we could finally reach the chamber where the team took shelter for 17 days waiting to get out.

After a week of diving the cave system last year in zero visibility, I had absolutely no idea how the restrictions looked like or how was the chamber where the boys stayed nor did I know if there would have been alternative route to the kids. I had my head full of questions that needed answers so that I could get peace of mind.

Full story: https://www.mikkopaasi.com/post/return-to-tham-luang-cave

-- MIKKO PAASI 2019-07-11

"it would have been completely impossible to keep the children alive, and the life-line open to them during the long monsoon, had they been left inside to wait for the cave to dry."

Those TV members who aggressively argued in favor of waiting it out and not attempting the rescue, please note.

Archived