Pad Thai for 180 baht a plate at a Food Court? Doubts emerge in Aussie couple's claim

webfact

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai health officials baffled by pad thai poisoning complaint

Who would think that eating from random street vendors could possibly be risky? And I do feel reassured that all provincial health offices have been instructed to strictly enforce the “Clean Food Good Taste” standard. 

I am also pleased that the ministry of denials and blame reassignments are hard at work to protect the quality reputation of Thailand. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Olmate said:
16 hours ago, atyclb said:

not too long ago was as siam paragon food court and there no normal food court prices. crazy expensive for ordinary thai food

Phuket Jungceylon Food Court can easy pay that for padthai.

not to mention fancier freestanding foodkiosks and restaurants nestled in at food courts. mbk just one example of that.  several malls have high end food courts also with high prices.  its not all big c like food courts

5 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

There are a lot of potential sources for that parasite. Saying it came from pat thai and or thailand is problematic at best. Likely it came from a meat pie they neglected to squirt enough ketchup in. Excrement Happens. 

Possibly even came from one or both of their rugrats.... The organism they identified as making them sick is found world-wide.  Not limited to Thailand or even Asia.

16 hours ago, kevvy said:

They do it because they are Aussies . Aussies scam the government I.E work care when they are running a business, centrelink ,anything to scam money from government and all the other  bull crap.Bloody hell, the government there often wants people to dob in other people for anything .Australia the land of give ups.... I am sure other countries have people like this , but the bloody government  encourages people to give up anyone.These people are lower than shark shitte.I would never go back there , home is here

Hi kevvy, by the sounds you have met some of our low scum from Australia. The problem is I have met many of there equals from every other country from around the world. Yes the Australian government like every other government and police force in the world would like their good and honest citizens to advise them anyone guilty of doing any crime. Australias main offenders are recently arrived migrants or refugees. The people who are have made this complaint have lost their online business possible because it was a scam.

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

Hope you feel better now after getting all that off your chest????

yes, I have not posted for a while so it was building up .... and in Germany now !!! .... So pretty wordy just now .... Thanks. ... I will reduce it.

Sounds very suspicious, but I did have some friends from Sydney who ventured out in Patong eating oysters and other shellfish which I would not recommend. They ended up very sick with 2 of the family in hospital. Only took hours to get sick not days. I have eaten a lot of Thai food from the market stalls to 5 star hotel restaurants with only minor bugs occasionally. I like it cooked after I order and avoid precooked food left out in the open. 

10 hours ago, Olmate said:

Hows the  Oz OA pension tho, keeps you kicking? Are you knocking scammers or the government for attempting to crackdown on it? 

I am not on the Aus pension , told them to stick it up their bum. I am knocking the way the Aussies have turned out . I know of some that are on disability and working and  have businesses as well.Australia was a great country once , maybe still is ? 

3 hours ago, Barry343 said:

Hi kevvy, by the sounds you have met some of our low scum from Australia. The problem is I have met many of there equals from every other country from around the world. Yes the Australian government like every other government and police force in the world would like their good and honest citizens to advise them anyone guilty of doing any crime. Australias main offenders are recently arrived migrants or refugees. The people who are have made this complaint have lost their online business possible because it was a scam.

"Australias main offenders are recently arrived migrants or refugees" ... So how sure are you about this Barry ? do you have figures ? ... are you shure that is in not just normal "Boguns" ( Money oriented ) lower level Australians ? ... "The Market" ! ... Or more likely third generation southern Europeans, or second gen Lebanese, .... now Bonafied Auz Citizens ? ... NOT the recent arrivals ? 

45 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

"Australias main offenders are recently arrived migrants or refugees" ... So how sure are you about this Barry ? do you have figures ? ... are you shure that is in not just normal "Boguns" ( Money oriented ) lower level Australians ? ... "The Market" ! ... Or more likely third generation southern Europeans, or second gen Lebanese, .... now Bonafied Auz Citizens ? ... NOT the recent arrivals ? 

Latest arrivals don,t have to scam the system,they get it handed to em on a platter, extra wives included! Think your bogun knowledge is limited too!

1 hour ago, kevvy said:

I am not on the Aus pension , told them to stick it up their bum. I am knocking the way the Aussies have turned out . I know of some that are on disability and working and  have businesses as well.Australia was a great country once , maybe still is ? 

I reckon the disability scammers are the least of Australia,s welfare worries now ,too many mouths to feed, bugger all of them are Ozzie’s!

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Latest arrivals don,t have to scam the system,they get it handed to em on a platter, extra wives included! Think your bogun knowledge is limited too!

Please tell us exactly "what they get handed on a platter", it would be interesting for us to know.

I HAD a similar horrible experience after eating at BURGER KINK in hua hin.

three hours after finishing my beef burger there, when i tried to sleep in my room, i started to feel

growing pain in my stomach, until i found myself vomiting my guts out, i really

was vomiting again and again in enormous pain without anything coming out of my mouth.

the paid and weakness were so bad, that i had difficulties walking to the toilet.

i am quite healthy and never suffered anything like that in my life.

this was clearly food poisoning from rutten meat.

when i complained to burger kink thailand, they mumbled in their thaiglish something like:

"we store out meat...blah blah"

On 7/12/2019 at 9:22 PM, davidst01 said:

A couple of westies from WA have no idea. I like it how they lost their business and blame it on this ordeal. Load of BS

Perhaps they think they may be in line for some compensation.  ????

On 7/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, Olmate said:

Start with this...8B3FF373-20DC-4917-AC77-2E9AA32667B9.thumb.png.4fbf8a3150a2faaca098c01baa2e0659.png

Hardly handed on a platter. These are payments approved by the Parliament, and with requirements attached.

I have been privileged to pay tax to assist those who are less fortunate than others

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Hardly handed on a platter. These are payments approved by the Parliament, and with requirements attached.

I have been privileged to pay tax to assist those who are less fortunate than others

Of course there gov approved, stupid comment.50 K Au dollar, more than double the OA pension, the less fortunate in this case. 

On 7/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, Olmate said:

I reckon the disability scammers are the least of Australia,s welfare worries now ,too many mouths to feed, bugger all of them are Ozzie’s!

... This has always been a problem, .... 

When I was young and worked for the E & WS old Survey branch, I sat there and watched a Southern European guy, paint the top of the same peg, ... 26 times !!! as he was too lazy to bend over and pickup a new one !!! .... Bludging in the bottom level jobs, ... and in particular the Government ones, .... if you could get away with it ... and well, the ethos of stealing from you employer, has always been a very bad side of Australia, and it's great opportunity ... but well, now Cash has become harder to get, ... for ALL, ... well then things ARE tightening up a REAL lot now. ....

Too many Emigrants and that is for sure ... but well the tried an tested Bludgers and Thieves, are not necessarily them, as it has been going on for a very VERY long time now.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, Olmate said:

Well, I do not live in Sydney, or secondly Melbourni ... so I do not even see the worst of it I suppose. and that probably includes the Bogans. .... 

5 hours ago, Mark mark said:

... This has always been a problem, .... 

When I was young and worked for the E & WS old Survey branch, I sat there and watched a Southern European guy, paint the top of the same peg, ... 26 times !!! as he was too lazy to bend over and pickup a new one !!! .... Bludging in the bottom level jobs, ... and in particular the Government ones, .... if you could get away with it ... and well, the ethos of stealing from you employer, has always been a very bad side of Australia, and it's great opportunity ... but well, now Cash has become harder to get, ... for ALL, ... well then things ARE tightening up a REAL lot now. ....

Too many Emigrants and that is for sure ... but well the tried an tested Bludgers and Thieves, are not necessarily them, as it has been going on for a very VERY long time now.

26 times ,well your memory astounds me! No stealing or bludging required for the refugees now, tree hugging Oz gov gives it away.Of course at the expense of the real Oz folk,bogans included.

Archived