Body of foreign man found floating off Karon

webfact

Body of foreign man found floating off Karon

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1562823336_1-org.jpg

The man’s body was brought ashore at dusk yesterday (July 10). Photo: Phi Phi na krab

PHUKET: Police are trying to identify the body of a foreign man found floating in the sea about 500 metres off Karon Noi Beach.

Phuket Tourist Police confirmed that were informed by the Karon Police at about 6:15pm yesterday evening (July 10) that the body of an unidentified foreign man, thought to be in his 40s, had been found a local boat operator.

The Caucasian man’s body was dressed in a black singlet, sport shorts and trainers.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-foreign-man-found-floating-off-karon-72090.php#S0lXxzzuswuX714O.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-11

Police said initial investigations led them to believe that the man had either lost consciousness in the water due to illness or was drunk at the time of his death.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-foreign-man-found-floating-off-karon-72090.php#XCsEChH4BTdhUJbV.99

neither of which really explain his state of dress. Even pished, I always manage to get my shoes off before a swim, but maybe that’s just me.

The worst rip I ever encountered was off Karon Beach. I was just wading chest deep, and all of a sudden there was no sand under my feet, got taken out what must have been miles, could just barely see the island. In "The Rough Guide to Thailand" there is a big red warning in the Phuket section, and I put it there, not wishing anyone to suffer such a terrifying ordeal. When I finally managed to get back to shore, a local said that sometimes a few people a day are drowned on this beach, especially in the rain season. Many are lost and never seen again ????

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

The worst rip I ever encountered was off Karon Beach. I was just wading chest deep, and all of a sudden there was no sand under my feet, got taken out what must have been miles, could just barely see the island. In "The Rough Guide to Thailand" there is a big red warning in the Phuket section, and I put it there, not wishing anyone to suffer such a terrifying ordeal. When I finally managed to get back to shore, a local said that sometimes a few people a day are drowned on this beach, especially in the rain season. Many are lost and never seen again ????

"a local said that sometimes a few people a day are drowned on this beach, especially in the rain season. Many are lost and never seen again"

People say many things, most of them not true.

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

So he must be a guest at the Meridian. Almost a private hotel beach.

He was found 500 meters out. Could have drifted from anywhere.

Wearing shoes - perhaps fell in at the Cape or even from a vessel?

Archived