BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:52

I do agree, however the OP wants noise reduction. I do believe one way to do that is secondary or even tertiary glazing with a decent air gap in between.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, Pilotman said:

Can't stand condo living, usually in  a matchbox of a room, too many close neighbours and someone else dictating the rules to live by.  I live in my house, so my rules.  

I live in a condo. My wife rules.

Rooster

On 7/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, Dewey said:

no airbnb

BS on their part unless all the owners voted it out the general meeting which for Thais would be extremely unlikely, but even then you could rent it out monthly without breaking any laws

10 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I live in a condo. My wife rules.

Rooster

Yes, that is the other disadvantage of condo living, too close to the partner at all times. 

Good morning,

I finally made the meeting I wanted with the condo manager (my gf could join and translate so he understood exactly what I wanted to do).

Long story short, if the new window is same (or very close) design and color, I have the management blessing.

Last problem now is to find a slide double glazing window.

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

Good morning,

I finally made the meeting I wanted with the condo manager (my gf could join and translate so he understood exactly what I wanted to do).

Long story short, if the new window is same (or very close) design and color, I have the management blessing.

Excellent, kinda what i expected, no meetings needed

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

This is what one would expect. It is what happens in my building.

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

That may be interesting for you.

Your first hurdle will be the question of uPVC or aluminium. The frames you are replacing will probably be aluminium so uPVC frames will be a lot thicker and so wont look much like the originals. Frame colour may also be an issue unless the originals were white. Matching glass tints is much easier.

It is quite easy to find imported aluminium frames at insane prices, but may be much harder to find local ones at sensible prices. Colour matching is also much easier with aluminium.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

This is what one would expect. It is what happens in my building.

That may be interesting for you.

Your first hurdle will be the question of uPVC or aluminium. The frames you are replacing will probably be aluminium so uPVC frames will be a lot thicker and so wont look much like the originals. Frame colour may also be an issue unless the originals were white. Matching glass tints is much easier.

It is quite easy to find imported aluminium frames at insane prices, but may be much harder to find local ones at sensible prices. Colour matching is also much easier with aluminium.

Well, the current frame is aluminium, light gray. I found 2 distributors online, I will ask them to come and make me an offer (if they can) so let see what happen. 

The company who will make my bathroom also proposed me to make me a quote for the window.

I'll post again once I have all the information, it might be helpful for others.