Anyone know an expert in English grammar?

Download the program Grammarly, even the free trial version is excellent and it does an excellent job with grammar.  Best yet, use it for a while and you start to remember those silly petty grammar rules you learned in junior high school. https://www.grammarly.com/?q=brand&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand_f1&utm_content=229891228531&utm_term=grammarly&matchtype=e&placement=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPRQmH5BMdbvWOJpTEY1oa7pdrYjOFAnM2QLWW6KSJO02ySJw1gcVLRoCcH4QAvD_BwE

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I thought that for a contract written in Thai and another language, in this case, English, the Thai version is the one referred to to resolve disputes unless specified otherwise.

Thank you, that's the truth how things are handled here.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:10 AM, ballpoint said:

Just make a post on here with a deliberate mistake in it and there will be a dozen along to correct it for you.

Unfortunately, your post is accurate!

I have, however, had to remove a number of seriously off-topic posts.   Please remember someone has asked a question and deserves reasonable answers.   Wading through pages and pages of nonsense to find answers is not helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, faraday said:

Yea, an' its' grammer - right?

Op, Grammarly, the paid version is absolutely fantastic, you can integrate it to your MS Office Word, your Google browser and it's the best tool to see what someone does wrong without knowing it.

You can buy a Premium version off ebay for only a few baht and do your own changes. It's perfect to proofread a larger text and you'll be surprised how many mistakes you make. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Op, Grammarly, the paid version is absolutely fantastic, you can integrate it to your MS Office Word, your Google browser and it's the best tool to see what someone does wrong without knowing it.

You can buy a Premium version off ebay for only a few baht and do your own changes. It's perfect to proofread a larger text and you'll be surprised how many mistakes you make. 

It translates legal Thai into perfect English grammar? I think that's what the OP is looking for.

6 hours ago, wilcopops said:

This is why I suggest the OP needs a good translator rather than a grammar expert.

I end up translating for friends sometimes and I find I have to listen to entire sentences and then figure out what a Thai would say to express the same sentiment... it often does not go word for word... 

Thanks for your answer. I was just glad that my niece did not ask for an explanation. 

Archived