BANGKOK
pollyog

Anyone know an expert in English grammar?

Does anyone know of an expert in English grammar who could help me with the correct interpretation of a badly worded phrase in a Thai/English contract? 

You had best contact a Thai/English law firm, one with a farang on board, not a copywriter.

• Like 1

Google is my expert in English grammar.  

I have a grammar checker. Every 5 minutes, it pokes the old girl and says, "Are you OK?"

I thought that for a contract written in Thai and another language, in this case, English, the Thai version is the one referred to to resolve disputes unless specified otherwise.

• Thanks 1

What's the phrase?

Post it up, I'm certain it'll get corrected.

Download the program Grammarly, even the free trial version is excellent and it does an excellent job with grammar.  Best yet, use it for a while and you start to remember those silly petty grammar rules you learned in junior high school. https://www.grammarly.com/?q=brand&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand_f1&utm_content=229891228531&utm_term=grammarly&matchtype=e&placement=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPRQmH5BMdbvWOJpTEY1oa7pdrYjOFAnM2QLWW6KSJO02ySJw1gcVLRoCcH4QAvD_BwE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I thought that for a contract written in Thai and another language, in this case, English, the Thai version is the one referred to to resolve disputes unless specified otherwise.

Thank you, that's the truth how things are handled here.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:10 AM, ballpoint said:

Just make a post on here with a deliberate mistake in it and there will be a dozen along to correct it for you.

Unfortunately, your post is accurate!

I have, however, had to remove a number of seriously off-topic posts.   Please remember someone has asked a question and deserves reasonable answers.   Wading through pages and pages of nonsense to find answers is not helpful.

It seems you need an expert in Thai / English law more than an expert in grammar