BANGKOK 23 July 2019 22:19
IraqRon

Suprise visit by immigration

Yeah they came by two days ago. I was not there, and they went to speak with the poo yai bahn. We heard the next day when poo yai came to tell us.

• Thanks 1

Beware if you are on a spouse visa.

They have already advised that they will be upping the physical visits to be rid of the scammers who have never even met their wives

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

They have already advised that they will be upping the physical visits to be rid of the scammers who have never even met their wives

They sometimes do this in US also.

1 hour ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

Where was this please? Also Chiang Rai?

Phayamengrai which is east of Chiang Rai.

50 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

When Residence Permit is issued or renewed in the EU, a visit from the immigration is mandatory and its without any prior call. 

So why so fuss on if now they started to physically verify?

After you get your "Residence Permit" in the EU, do the authorities keep showing up year after year to 'physically verify'/check up on you as though you are a parolee or a possible criminal???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had cop come before to confirm I stayed where I told immigration. I was in the shower so wife went out and he asked her if I stayed there . She said yes he’s in the shower though , he said ok thanks and left . Bit odd considering my neighbor is a cop 🙄

10 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

They are welcome to come, but couldn't just walk in. I have a large German Shepherd that will not allow strangers to enter. Although he's obedience trained he only responds to a few people, my wife, sister in law and myself. Once I call him off he's usually good with visitors or I send him to his cage. He's very welcoming to friends or relatives he knows. 

We have four fully grown German Shepherds, keeps most at bay , they look after us very well !!, in fact Marriage extn next week, usually ensure they are in the required photos !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A couple of years ago I had a visit by three policemen to gather info on me for immigration purposes. One was my wife's brother and another a cousin, so we didn't take it too seriously....

Barry 83.jpg

That's one handsome looking cop with the big smile.

Why isn't he an actor instead?

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's one handsome looking cop with the big smile.

Why isn't he an actor instead?

He is acting right there and then

• Haha 2

yes,immigration police has go looking my life 4 time last 4 year. no big deal, he onmly go looking and all have ok, go out thats it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

If they did it once then what is the point of doing it again? Its just a reminder that they dont want you in Thailand. If we had to do this to Thais' in our home countries they would sue the government .... oh wait they would have citizenship by then. No foreigner I had met over the years wants citizenship in Thailand but something like an Alien Permanent Resident Card after 5 years like Taiwan would make more sense and be more useful for all including immigration. Looking back now, I should have gotten off in Taipei and not Bangkok if I wanted to live in Asia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

If they did it once then what is the point of doing it again? Its just a reminder that they dont want you in Thailand. If we had to do this to Thais' in our home countries they would sue the government .... oh wait they would have citizenship by then. No foreigner I had met over the years wants citizenship in Thailand but something like an Alien Permanent Resident Card after 5 years like Taiwan would make more sense and be more useful for all including immigration. Looking back now, I should have gotten off in Taipei and not Bangkok if I wanted to live in Asia. 

Feel free

• Like 2

An Immigration lady from the National Security Office phoned and made an appointment to visit shortly after applying for my last Retirement Visa. Three of em showed up at my Bkk apartment. They took photos of me together with ever smiling IO lady, outside and inside the apartment.

Ended up with one very apologetic IO on her knees in my lounge.... "Sorry, it's not us, it's the General. We are Immigration and you will get your visa."

She said they had been told to check the visas and addresses of every Farang. It begins to look like a Military / Police state. Except for the smiles and the fact that the IO didn't like it any more than we do!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, IraqRon said:

Yesterday was visited by two men, not in uniform but t shirts and unmarked truck.

did they look into every room in the house? that is going to be a real problem for me. 

• Haha 1