Suwanabhumi Airport Immigration 07/11/2019 3:23 pm

let us not forget how dirty these machines are ... you might wash your hands, but you will get a whole dirty colony of other people's bacteria on there ...

somebody forget you only need one person with TB or HEP A or B, to contaminate the rest

but hey ...  Thailand medical hub will get another golden goose...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If places like Singapore and Hong Kong can get you through in a matter of minutes, why does it take 20 times longer here. ?

I can't understand why Thailand refuses to learn from other countries

Must be the ""Thainess "" factor .

3 hours ago, terryw said:

I went through DMK last Friday. It took 45 minutes. 

Every 3rd or 4th passenger seemed to have a problem with their fingerprint machine.

What I do not understand is why they want your fingerprints when leaving Thailand, as they already have them in their database.

A clear example of bureaucratic overkill.

I left from DMK yesterday and they were not taking fingerprints at the Departures window although the machines were present.

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

yea but the sky is falling here and nobody is coming to Thailand anymore... lol

You’re confusing traffic with the total amount of tourism. With a badly managed immigration entry point it is still very easy to create long queues with smaller numbers . And that poor experience fuels the demise of the other.

25 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

If places like Singapore and Hong Kong can get you through in a matter of minutes, why does it take 20 times longer here. ?

Look at the PISA educational tables and average IQ of each of those countries for your answer.

4 hours ago, roderick17 said:

I arrived at about the same time as you, I've never seen such a long line leading to the immigration counters, at swampy . Fortunatelty,   I followed a small family group into the priority immigration cue. That bit of very sly  cue jumping probably saved me a 90 minute wait. Thai immigration really need to do something and quickly!!

Yes, and the first thing that they need to do is something about the queue jumpers.

3 hours ago, terryw said:

I went through DMK last Friday. It took 45 minutes. 

Every 3rd or 4th passenger seemed to have a problem with their fingerprint machine.

What I do not understand is why they want your fingerprints when leaving Thailand, as they already have them in their database.

A clear example of bureaucratic overkill.

Perhaps they want to check if you're wanted and trying to get out of the country?

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for somewhat insolently drawing my attention to the fact that TG does indeed have different flight times from Perth on alternate days.

At least your one departed and got in early and you were already in the conga line only 3 minutes after the SCHEDULED arrival.

There's a lot to be said for the efficiency of THAI, eh?

"Thanks for somewhat insolently drawing my attention to the fact..."

Wow. He was being insolent to you?  What's it like up there on your lofty pedestal?

53 minutes ago, justin case said:

let us not forget how dirty these machines are ... you might wash your hands, but you will get a whole dirty colony of other people's bacteria on there ...

somebody forget you only need one person with TB or HEP A or B, to contaminate the rest

but hey ...  Thailand medical hub will get another golden goose...

And don't you forget that other people will also "get a whole dirty colony of your bacteria".

48 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

The thing is, in general, Hong Kong and Singapore do not get you through in 1/20th of the time.  Hong Kong has some horrendous queues.

2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Try Kyoto Japan, three hours because of all the Koreans coming for shopping.

Came across a land border today, it took six tries with the finger print machine and I was already in the system, this was not a self-use machine but one the IO officer initiated and then instructed the person to place their hand on the machine. I felt bad for the people in the line behind me on the way back in, must have been about fifteen to twenty minutes for the IO to get me on my way. Don't know what the problem was, maybe I just have difficult to scan fingerprints.

9 minutes ago, rickudon said:

The leaving check is just one hand - to make sure you are still the original passport holder ..... 

rickudon,

How does it work then when I will be leaving at the beginning of August and I entered way before this new system was implemented so they will not have any prints on record. Will they do four fingers and thumbs then on exit?

Second, I am told these are then compared with your ' chip ' embedded in your passport, so these new gadgets must have access to whatever is in our chips if that is the way it works.

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

rickudon,

How does it work then when I will be leaving at the beginning of August and I entered way before this new system was implemented so they will not have any prints on record. Will they do four fingers and thumbs then on exit?

Second, I am told these are then compared with your ' chip ' embedded in your passport, so these new gadgets must have access to whatever is in our chips if that is the way it works.

Sorry my post was a bit to brief. The first time you are checked for fingerprints they do all 10  digits (4 fingers right, 4 fingers left, and then 2 thumbs). Once that is recorded, they just need to check one hand as you go in or out (assuming it matches!). I presume that this finger print data will be saved for any subsequent entry, just like the passport data. They must have a LOT of storage somewhere ....

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

There is no fingerprint data on the chip in your passport.

16 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I was interested to see that Thailand prints different fingers to Malaysia, another example of joined up ASEAN! 

Thailand records all ten fingers so pretty joined up with anyone else.  Whats does Malaysia do - toes?

On 7/11/2019 at 4:52 PM, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

40 mins not the worse. My flight from Perth on Thai Airways was as billed "Smooth as silk" but Thai immigration rough. 

So the OP replies - horrendous picture but in reality it took 40 minutes.  That is acceptable.

I travel a lot and it can be two minutes, it can be 30 minutes, but even when it is as busy as that picture the lines move.

I have had 30 minute waits in Singapore and in many other places that process far fewer passengers.  It really isn't that bad.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, Just Weird said:

"Thanks for somewhat insolently drawing my attention to the fact..."

Wow. He was being insolent to you?  What's it like up there on your lofty pedestal?

Hey. I did preface it with an honest thanks. Who rattled your cage?

On 7/12/2019 at 1:04 PM, Just Weird said:

The thing is, in general, Hong Kong and Singapore do not get you through in 1/20th of the time.  Hong Kong has some horrendous queues.

Well said. And as for Changi's ridiculous inbound pax and hand baggage security scan before you can enter their precious, carpeted and air-conditioned hallways. Nobody mentions that futile and bloody annoying rugby scrum in their perpetually, nauseatingly glowing 5-star adulations.

Archived