best small car?

JRG23

On 7/11/2019 at 8:35 PM, Kwasaki said:

Only 1200 now but still a good car.

I agree with that, my wife has one and plenty of room especially in the boot.

The only downside is it’s a bit slow to move off maybe because it’s auto but like a rocket after that.

Very economical as well

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, JRG23 said:

This is OP. Went to look at the Jazz and City at Honda today. Both look good but a little uninspiring. But as I've tried to explain to the wife: This is about money! It's a necessary move, 20K repayments on the SUV are just too much.

Of course, she's not best pleased. (I think she likes the 'face' of having a big car)

Anyway, two others I plan to look at before a decision: Yaris and Mazda 2.

Honda will release the new honda city, possibly in September (so I've been told). It will be a 1.0 turbo (similar HP but much more torque than the current one). It should also be more fuel efficient. I wouldn't consider the current city, as it resale will be affected when the new one comes along. 

If you have an SUV but need something less expensive , consider the new, redesigned Suzuki Ertiga.

TRKPY3QM.jpg

1.5 engine. seats seven,rides high. and with the seventh seat folded down , which will be most of the time, a cavernous boot. Fold the second seat down also and you can carry large items. GL 655.000 bht 

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Honda will release the new honda city, possibly in September (so I've been told). It will be a 1.0 turbo (similar HP but much more torque than the current one). It should also be more fuel efficient. I wouldn't consider the current city, as it resale will be affected when the new one comes along. 

Regarding the 1l turbo, do you ( or anyone) know how long these turbo's are expected to last and the approximate replacement costs? Think it's worth knowing before potentially buying a new car with one.

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Regarding the 1l turbo, do you ( or anyone) know how long these turbo's are expected to last and the approximate replacement costs? Think it's worth knowing before potentially buying a new car with one.

The ones in F1 cars only last a few weeks and they are 1.5L if that helps ... someone in our family has the Fiesta EcoBoost and it is over four years old now ...turbo still going strong

On 7/12/2019 at 6:08 PM, Lacessit said:

CVT's can feel very jerky for anyone who can't keep accelerator pressure constant.

Actually I agree if you mean at very low speed ... you have to be a little gentle on the throttle ... well we did in the Civic RS ... it's a bit like a manual box ... no fluid thingee to smooth things out ... ????

All depends on what you want out of the car in long term.

Honda's popular, hold value, but personally i do not like how it feels

Toyota's in my opinion are just boring tin boxes but again good resale 

Suzuki, cute, but no personal experience, more of a girly car

Nissan and Ford, nice, comfy, but terrible resale value

My favorite is Mazda inside feels and looks upmarket, well made, very comfy ride and sitting, very similar to BMW(ride quality) but resale value is a problem

Ford dealer told me they stopped making passenger cars because will have all new range soon. so perhaps Ford is not a good choice at the moment, even if you find one 

Archived