Aircon COIL detergent but not specific product, what to use ? what air conditionning shops use ?

myjawe

Hi, do you know what aircon guys use to clean aircon ? I guess that they do not use anything expensive to mix with water ?

Maybe just dishes detergent or even Dettol ?

Have you tried some of the usual detergent and which one works best ?

thank you.

6 hours ago, myjawe said:

Hi, do you know what aircon guys use to clean aircon ? I guess that they do not use anything expensive to mix with water ?

the company who's servicing our aircons since 13 years uses a foam spray imported from Singapore (no idea what brand). all coils and fan blades are sprayed, let the detergent sit for 15-20 minutes and then the unit is rinsed by a pressure washer. i'm sure one can use normal household detergents too with the caveat not to use those with extreme low or high pH to avoid corrosion of the aluminium coils.

the dude that comes to clean our units uses a mild detergent sort of like for dish washing...after he flushes thru we both look at the effluent...in the beginning I got up and looked at the evaporator coils with a flashlight and they looked to be in a 'new and clean' condition...no correction curves required and the assembly materials didn't appear to require any special handling for cleaning...

hard to say what the efficiency difference would be comparing the cleanliness of outdoor condenser coils and indoor evaporator coils...in my house they both get very dirty after about 4 months between cleaning...another question would be dirty fan efficiencies compared with the insulating effects of the dirty coils...dive right in all you HVAC/ASHRAE experts...the secrets shall be revealed on the thaivisa forum...

Archived