Seven police officers transferred, probe launched into suspect beating

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

In my opinions it is already torturing. I would like to see some of the Thai police send to International Crime Court in Den Haag. For torture and acting against human rights and abuse the Geneve convention. 

Thailand along with many other nations don't give a toss about International Laws or the treaties they sign and more and more the International interest is very lacking. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 300sd said:

Thailand's not so finest. Raises it's ugly head too often.

Same happens in many (all?) countries. Too often, police believe their role allows them to act with excessive force. Just bullies in uniform, and perhaps a reason they joined the force as they believe they then have the 'right' to beat people.

When I was 18 yrs old I was arrested in an anti Vietnam War protest as were 180 others. We were caged under the police station in Canberra  (Australia) and processed one by one over the next 8 hours. 2 policemen with i.d. removed beat us badly in the stairwell between the cage and the charge room.

The short term effect was fear and terror. The long term result has been I have to question everything that we take for granted. "Authority" means "power".

Us human beings have unlimited potential. It's completely personal how one leads one's own life.

"Fear" is the most uncomfortable feeling. Those who intend to cause and/or perpetuate fear have a very ugly existence indeed. The video of cruel and indifferent police could be in any country in the world.

In the good old USA the suspect could have expected much worse. He would have been tazered numerous times, been almost choked to death by some fat, hyped up weight trained goon and then charged with assaulting a police officer.

44 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

I don't love how some people defend the indefensible by pointing to the opposite extreme end of the argument in some other place as some sort of justification. No system is perfect, but if you want to argue the point then consider it from a point of view of the average behaviour, transparency and corruption in each place - I'd be interested to know if people think about the relative average effectiveness of Thai Police behaviour and williness to investigate crime comapred to the average at home. Or perhaps there is a belief that thre is no corruption in Thailand just as there is no prostitution in Walking Street.

Then there is the whole way incidents like this are investigated and punished in Thailand - inactive post and then promotion seems a quite common outcome and invariably simply not reported on ever again, probably because you dare not say anything - the laws punishing people who speak out or object being far more harshly followed up than most others.

Not defending the police at all, I am saying they are bad everywhere... try reading what I put, would help. But how about we start with a system where the police are actually held accountable by the people they are meant to serve, that would help to start with 

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

I wonder what the guy is suspected of. If it was abusing a child or something equally bad I might just join in.

An ex-police officer, are you? Just because he's in the back of a police ute doesn't mean he did anything.

2 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

I wonder what the guy is suspected of. If it was abusing a child or something equally bad I might just join in.

Really???? you would beat someone because of suspicion?  Let's take the taser and baton to your sorry ^^^ and see what you confess to....

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

In the UK, they would not be fired immediately, but suspended on full pay from duty, not just transferred to office work. Then there would be a disciplinary enquiry supervised by the ICPC independent agency at the same time as a criminal investigation for assault conducted by the police. If the Crown Prosecutor recommended charges, there would be a court case, and even if they were acquitted the disciplinary enquiry would continue, leading to a disciplinary hearing with sanctions up to dismissal and loss of pension.

It would be a good model for the RTP to follow, shortly after they stop looking at that aerial pig!

Oh the mirth.

Jean Charles de Menezes. A Brazilian in London, who had overstayed his visa. Pursued by six plain clothes officers he panicked and fled onto a tube train. They put seven bullets in his head in a case of mistaken identity.

Crown Prosecutors brought charges against the Met, not the individuals, under the Health and Safety Act. The woman in charge of that operation Cressida Dick, is now the most powerful police officer in the UK.

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Someone who is handcuffed sitting calm in the back of a pickup can hardly be accused for resisting arrest...

You beat me to it... if he did resist arrest earlier then the beating was somewhat belated... this was just a savage attack on a restrained person... 

Officers involved should be removed from the police force permanently and prosecuted for causing actual bodily harm to the victim.

Will the police investigation or courts follow through.. unlikely!

2 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

He was high on yaba, filmed acting crazy near a shopping centre, a member of the public called the police. Channel 32 last night.

18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Hard to defend the police, it is out and out unecessary savage violence.

In any normal society, the first step would be instant dismissal, losing all pensions and benefits, followed by criminal charges against all involved in the violence.

Here, it will be no action taken, or moved to an inactive post (if there are any left !)

Plenty of inactive posts all over the country, especially at Songcran. Take a look

inside the tents.

46 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Oh the mirth.

Jean Charles de Menezes. A Brazilian in London, who had overstayed his visa. Pursued by six plain clothes officers he panicked and fled onto a tube train. They put seven bullets in his head in a case of mistaken identity.

Crown Prosecutors brought charges against the Met, not the individuals, under the Health and Safety Act. The woman in charge of that operation Cressida Dick, is now the most powerful police officer in the UK.

She sure is well named, oh! wait!

Archived