Seven police officers transferred, probe launched into suspect beating

snoop1130

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DoktorC said:

Really???? you would beat someone because of suspicion?  Let's take the taser and baton to your sorry ^^^ and see what you confess to....

Ok, you are a policeman and you see him beating some poor kid. You arrest in on suspicion until he is convicted. Would I beat him... hell yes 

9 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Ok, you are a policeman and you see him beating some poor kid. You arrest in on suspicion until he is convicted. Would I beat him... hell yes 

There are quite often cases reported of someone intervening to help a person who is apparently a victim only to find in the end that the victim has turned on the attacker by the time the onlooker arrives

19 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

There are quite often cases reported of someone intervening to help a person who is apparently a victim only to find in the end that the victim has turned on the attacker by the time the onlooker arrives

Of course. Cheers

2 hours ago, Black arab said:

He was high on yaba, filmed acting crazy near a shopping centre, a member of the public called the police. Channel 32 last night.

Cheers. In that case, throw ‘em out the force

I once witnessed an arrest of one man by six police officers. He was cuffed and had no way to defend himself, but was beaten to the ground and repeatedly punched and kicked, for no obvious reason. I would have to admit I was not close enough to have heard any remark, if one was made, but the action of the arresting officers was totally barbaric and unnecessary.

I feel much safer wandering around Thailand than I would in Paris, London or New York.

The judicial system in Thailand is very different to the Western system but it works. Nothing will change for the foreseeable future. Everyone knows what happens in Thailand so the easy solution is not to break the law and not get arrested.

I was reading a news article this morning stating that prisoners in jail in England are to be given keys to open and close their own cell doors!!

Who is right and who is wrong??

Thailand is a wonderful and amazing Kingdom for those who abide by the laws and regulations. Just ask those who do.

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Hard to defend the police, it is out and out unecessary savage violence.

In any normal society, the first step would be instant dismissal, losing all pensions and benefits, followed by criminal charges against all involved in the violence.

Here, it will be no action taken, or moved to an inactive post (if there are any left !)

The headline says "transferred",  yet further down the post it says "suspended".

If by "normal" you mean Western, then sometimes "thuggery" exists there too - but usually in the confines of a cell out of the public view or cameras, and certainly not in the back of an open truck!

In a way, if this is "abnormal" behaviour, then it is to be preferred as the perpetrators have been "caught in the act", but the problem is that they get "transferred to inactive posts" and we never get to hear the outcome of any subsequent investigations. It would be nice if for instance, there was a monthly bulletin giving details of all offences and punishments given to police officers that have flouted the law!

2 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Awwww come on, you need to get with the program.  If you beat him, you have to take him to the hospital...bleeding in the back of your cop car.   Noooo, if you are going to be judge, jury, and executioner... then just roll up, pull your gun and shoot the guy.  You can always claim self defense.

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

A week from now the headline will be the poster of the video, Hep Ma (Dog’s Lice), charged with ruining the image of Thailand.

The image of Thailand is already destroyed!

9 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

I do love how you guys cling onto this fallacy that the system in the West is some kind of holy grail. How about the Birmingham 6? Not one police office was charged for the violence they gave to those guys. Lots of cases where they get off, cos as in Thailand, the police investigate themselves

Whilst not perfect, the UK does have the IPCC and for serious cases a criminal investigation may be instigated and carried out by officers from a different force. It's a lot better now than in the 70's and 80's and plenty of officers have been disciplined, left the force and in some cases imprisoned.

Prior to 2014 the various Shin regimes and the Abhisit one all left the police to do as they please. Changing those habits is going to be a very long hard slog given the slowly slowly approach seemingly being taken.

5 hours ago, Traubert said:

Oh the mirth.

Jean Charles de Menezes. A Brazilian in London, who had overstayed his visa. Pursued by six plain clothes officers he panicked and fled onto a tube train. They put seven bullets in his head in a case of mistaken identity.

Crown Prosecutors brought charges against the Met, not the individuals, under the Health and Safety Act. The woman in charge of that operation Cressida Dick, is now the most powerful police officer in the UK.

One case. But you know the facts far better than the Crown Prosecutors of course!

Now, in America, how many cases crop up of unarmed people being shot, or seriously beaten by Police?

8 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Thailand along with many other nations don't give a toss about International Laws or the treaties they sign and more and more the International interest is very lacking. 

There are no "international laws". The UN is a waste of space and hot air. Countries regularly ignore treaties and conventions when it suits. 

All involved should be prosecuted with maximum sentence, employment ended, prison time and restitution to the victim.

This is absolutely bullshit and needs to be taken care of properly.

No Bail risk of flight. This is in the parking lot of police station.

sick individuals.....

All involved should be prosecuted with maximum sentence, employment ended, prison time and restitution to the victim.
This is absolutely bullshit and needs to be taken care of properly.
No Bail risk of flight. This is in the parking lot of police station.

sick individuals.....

Non of that will happen here, in the land of Smiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/11/2019 at 6:20 PM, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal society, the first step would be instant dismissal, losing all pensions and benefits, followed by criminal charges against all involved in the violence.

Where on this Earth is this normal society you are referring to? 

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Same happens in many (all?) countries. Too often, police believe their role allows them to act with excessive force. Just bullies in uniform, and perhaps a reason they joined the force as they believe they then have the 'right' to beat people.

Nothing like the scum here!

13 hours ago, sydneyjed said:

That low life piece of sh.t..(the 'baton happy one)needs locking in a room and given a taste of his own medicine!

Not only him but get all of the Police officers concerned to be beaten - one at a time handcuffed to each other in a circle so they cannot get away while being given their medicine and they can cry like girls together ????

Video already taken down. So Thailand is now a country with 'No Freedom' of speech ? Anytime people in Government or Government Agency is caught doing something bad/criminal it then becomes a criminal offence to talk and record it. Going down fast in  my opinion.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Here, it will be no action taken, or moved to an inactive post (if there are any left !)

Over here the cops will get a paid holiday. Suspension with pay pending an internal police investigation.

Cops investigating cops. Same shit different pile

Video already taken down. So Thailand is now a country with 'No Freedom' of speech ? Anytime people in Government or Government Agency is caught doing something bad/criminal it then becomes a criminal offence to talk and record it. Going down fast in  my opinion.

Clearly you have never experienced a Thai history lesson.
This is nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Traubert said:

Oh the mirth.

Jean Charles de Menezes. A Brazilian in London, who had overstayed his visa. Pursued by six plain clothes officers he panicked and fled onto a tube train. They put seven bullets in his head in a case of mistaken identity.

Crown Prosecutors brought charges against the Met, not the individuals, under the Health and Safety Act. The woman in charge of that operation Cressida Dick, is now the most powerful police officer in the UK.

Exactly...."Authority " and "power" are abused all over the world. It starts in one's formative years. It's called "bullying". It's rife in every society on every level in every workplace. And (imho) the greatest bullies are the polticians.

Power hungry mercenary ghouls using thugs in uniform to intimidate the masses.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:20 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Did you see the clip?

Archived