BREAKING: One killed in Chiang Mai plane crash: See video

snoop1130

BREAKING: One killed in Chiang Mai plane crash: See video 

By The Nation

800_35ef0a0e07db536.jpg

A crew member is reported to have died in a plane crash in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

The news about the crash broke at around 5 pm Thailand time.

Eyewitnesses said that a pilot had ejected safely from the aircraft, but one crew member was found dead at the crash scene.

There are no details about the type of the aircraft.

Officials have sealed off the site, and an Air Force helicopter is flying over the crash scene.

No outsiders or members of the media have been allowed to go near the crash site.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372807

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-11

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Officials have sealed off the site, and an Air Force helicopter is flying over the crash scene.

No outsiders or members of the media have been allowed to go near the crash site.

except, you know, like this video and photos and a bunch of stuff on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter.

there was one flying like a bat outahell earlier today......near chomtong

usually don't bother me but i got a strange fear this morning...... somehow seemed very low from the sound

of the plane and I actually thought this is dangerous stuff

[UPDATE]

Air Force pilot instructor killed in Chiang Mai jet crash 

By The Nation

800_e9ce620e79efeef.jpg?v=1562848412

A Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) jet trainer crashed in Chiang Mai province yesterday evening, killing one pilot and injuring another.

Read also: One killed in Chiang Mai plane crash: See video

The deceased pilot has been identified as Squadron Leader Naruephol Lertkuson, who was the instructor. The survivor is Flying Officer Theerawat Khoonkhunthod, who is a trainee.

Theerawat has reportedly sustained minor injuries.

RTAF spokesperson Air Marshal Phongsak Semachai said an investigation had been launched into the cause of the crash, adding the two-seater, Czech-made L-39 was making a return trip to the airfield of Wing 41, to which both officers were assigned.

gone03.JPG

Squadron Leader Naruephol Lertkuson

An RTAF source said that the survivor was the first to eject from the dropping aircraft, and the instructor ejected when the altitude was too low.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372835

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-12

Huge Govt surplus and shitty eastern bloc planes! Wing 41 in the heart of CM. I see them whizzing around , planes and helicopters,   quite often from my balcony. Let’s hope they get their damn act together. 

RIP to the pilot. 

What does “when the altitude is too low” mean?

i wonder if he ejected at all? The trainees are suppose to be making the mistakes not the instructors...

interested to hear their final conversation....a critical mistake was made somewhere in the final minutes

44 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Huge Govt surplus and shitty eastern bloc planes! Wing 41 in the heart of CM. I see them whizzing around , planes and helicopters,   quite often from my balcony. Let’s hope they get their damn act together. 

RIP to the pilot. 

The L39 has had a very good safety record, in fact is a very good training AC, one of the best, but things happen!

Have seen a couple of these mosquitos buzzing around for the last few days unfortunately every landing aircraft passes directly over my house at 2-300ft not a problem I'm well used to aircraft noise having lived for decades on the RAF Lyneham flight path but this is a little more concerning having come down only seconds away from me and the inner-city airport it was heading for and not the first time seam to remember one last year also it maybe time to move the military out of CM airport for the publics safety to somewhere more remote to do their future crashing ????RIP         

37 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

What does “when the altitude is too low” mean?

i wonder if he ejected at all? The trainees are suppose to be making the mistakes not the instructors...

interested to hear their final conversation....a critical mistake was made somewhere in the final minutes

Perhaps the plane had rotated when he ejected and he was ejected towards the ground.  When I was in the AF that happened to a pilot at my base.

Perhaps the plane had rotated when he ejected and he was ejected towards the ground.  When I was in the AF that happened to a pilot at my base.

Or simply got too low trying to save the plane. The parachute just needed more time to react to slow him down enough prior to impact.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just hate listening to clowns who don't understand how airplanes or aviation works...

The L39 is one of the best trainers out there with an excellent record.

As for ejecting too low, a successful ejection requires overcoming the airplanes speed and possibly negative vertical path. In certain situations 20,000 feet can be "too low". 

Unfortunate to hear of the pilots death. 

They are constantly looping around CM City and I know they require training and I admit to knowing very little about aircraft but have thought over the last 12 yrs why not practice over a less populated area with an airfield to practice take offs and landing.This aircraft could have killed many on the ground, this was not sparsley popuated area.

sometimes if a crash is imminent the pilot will stay until he is sure no civilians will be killed, in air space around such a densely populated area, I believe he was a very brave man, rest in peace.

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

RIP to the pilot. 

What a remarkably dumb thing to say because first world jets "whizz around" without incident ?

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/10/711693546/pieces-of-missing-japanese-f-35-fighter-jet-found-pilot-still-missing-after-cras

Unit cost: F-35A: $89.2M  

Archived