BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:25
snoop1130

BREAKING: One killed in Chiang Mai plane crash: See video

37 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

What does “when the altitude is too low” mean?

i wonder if he ejected at all? The trainees are suppose to be making the mistakes not the instructors...

interested to hear their final conversation....a critical mistake was made somewhere in the final minutes

Perhaps the plane had rotated when he ejected and he was ejected towards the ground.  When I was in the AF that happened to a pilot at my base.

• Like 3

Sad news. My condolences to the instructor's family. I hope they are able to find the cause and make the adjustments for future flights.

• Like 2

sorry to hear about the pilot, the trainee is one hell of a lucky

guy, usually it happens very quick and no one survives.

A troll post in poor taste has been removed also a reply

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

From another source:

The incident was reported in tambon Tha Wang Tan of Sarapi district at about 4.15pm on Thursday.

a fairly built up area... not forested boonies... 

• Like 2

altitude means the height from the ground if you use ejection at a very low altitude you have a serious problem from the article can’t say what when wrong.

• Sad 2

They are constantly looping around CM City and I know they require training and I admit to knowing very little about aircraft but have thought over the last 12 yrs why not practice over a less populated area with an airfield to practice take offs and landing.This aircraft could have killed many on the ground, this was not sparsley popuated area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

Huge Govt surplus and shitty eastern bloc planes! Wing 41 in the heart of CM. I see them whizzing around , planes and helicopters,   quite often from my balcony. Let’s hope they get their damn act together. 

RIP to the pilot. 

What a remarkably dumb thing to say because first world jets "whizz around" without incident ?

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/10/711693546/pieces-of-missing-japanese-f-35-fighter-jet-found-pilot-still-missing-after-cras

Unit cost: F-35A: $89.2M  

• Like 2