Drug allegations a move to oust govt, says new minister

snoop1130

Drug allegations a move to oust govt, says new minister

By THE NATION

800_65a58a3c6f377da.jpg

Thammanas Phromphao, the newly appointed deputy agriculture minister, said on Thursday that the drugs related allegation against him was part of a political move aimed at bringing down the government, adding that he was getting ready to take legal action against the accusers.

“I know that they are my political enemies and I am going to take legal action,” he told reporters. 

Thammanas, a key figure in the coalition leading Phalang Pracharat Party, has recently been targeted by opposition politicians, who question his qualifications owing to a prison term he served in Australia stemming from a drugs-related offence. 

However, Thammanas defended himself by saying he served an eight-month sentence in Australia for failing to report a drug-trafficking deal. 

“I did not smuggle, produce or sell drugs and I have no legal cases left in Thai courts,” the politician said. 

He added that he is being targeted because he was the key coordinator of recent negotiations to form the new government. “I also know the secrets of many political parties I have worked with,” he said without elaborating. 

He also maintained that he has never coveted a seat in the Cabinet, “but I have to work because the prime minister has given me tasks to complete”. 

Thammanas added that he considered himself suitable for the job because “I am a child of farmers and I grow up with soil”.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372829

logo2.jpg

- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-11

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Thammanas, a key figure in the coalition leading Phalang Pracharat Party, has recently been targeted by opposition politicians, who question his qualifications owing to a prison term he served in Australia stemming from a drugs-related offence. 

However, Thammanas defended himself by saying he served an eight-month sentence in Australia for failing to report a drug-trafficking deal. 

Now why wouldn't you do that .. 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Thammanas added that he considered himself suitable for the job because “I am a child of farmers and I grow up with soil”.

behind my ear .? 

IMG_20190711_145636.jpg

Good job there is a particular journalist banned in Thailand who’s investigating him. 

As for him being allowed to be in his position because he’s never been convicted of a crime in Thailand, convicted criminals abroad can rest easy knowing the Thai government doesn’t care about their foreign criminal records. 

Wait a second, so he is a convicted criminal in another country but an honorable member of parliament in Thailand?

Mind you his conviction is not political but drugs related and yet he is an honorable member of parliament?

And he wants to take legal action?

1 minute ago, Chrisdoc said:

Failing to report a drug deal seems a strange offence.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 months jail is little more than not reporting a drug deal. IN Oz you can walk free if you get done with a car load of drugs if its your first offence.

I am guessing he was a conspirator to a major drug importation or some ring but refused to testify against his buddies.

He’s also claimed that he wasn’t deported after he was released from prison. He was deported later, and that was because the mayor of Sydney didn’t like Asians who formed groups and he didn’t have perminent residence. 

Do countries (especially the types of countries who don’t like groups of Asians) usually allow non-residents to stay in the country after being released from prison? 

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

He’s also claimed that he wasn’t deported after he was released from prison. He was deported later, and that was because the mayor of Sydney didn’t like Asians who formed groups and he didn’t have perminent residence. 

Do countries (especially the types of countries who don’t like groups of Asians) usually allow non-residents to stay in the country after being released from prison? 

Better question is what does Thailand do with foreigners who serve jail sentence for drugs related charges?

and interesting to note how mayor of Sydney does not like Asians and yet Sydney has a huge China town not to mention, why would mayor of Sydney take any particular interest in him unless he was part to some major drug importation ring?

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Better question is what does Thailand do with foreigners who serve jail sentence for drugs related charges?

and interesting to note how mayor of Sydney does not like Asians and yet Sydney has a huge China town not to mention, why would mayor of Sydney take any particular interest in him unless he was part to some major drug importation ring?

To say nothing of the fact that city mayors in Australia do not have any say in who gets deported or not, so that part of his story is all cow manure.......

14 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

If he has been convicted and served jail for a drugs related charge shouldn't that automatically disqualify him? Anyone here know the rules related to this?

The legibility is spelled out distinctively in the Constitution Section 101. Convicted felony is illegible. in his defence, he said he was acquitted twice for his drug case in Australia and murder of a gay man in Thailand and thus not convicted technically. Still he should not be appointed on ethical reasons. He was in the blacklist of influential people drawn up by the junta not long ago. It is a big bad mistake for Prayut to appoint him. It just smear and damage the image of the already battered cabinet as he is a bad bad character. 

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The legibility is spelled out distinctively in the Constitution Section 101. Convicted felony is illegible. in his defence, he said he was acquitted twice for his drug case in Australia and murder of a gay man in Thailand and thus not convicted technically. Still he should not be appointed on ethical reasons. He was in the blacklist of influential people drawn up by the junta not long ago. It is a big bad mistake for Prayut to appoint him. It just smear and damage the image of the already battered cabinet as he is a bad bad character. 

"...not convicted technically", but served 8 months in jail? How did that happen???

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a prison term he served in Australia stemming from a drugs-related offence. 

I tried to find more about his conviction.

Curious he doesn't show in any searches in Thailand nor (with & without VPN) in Australia, especially with regard to Australia drug conviction and prison to which he admits did occur.

Did he use a different name there?

The only place I find his name "Thammanas Phromphao" is a search in Thai Visa Google but only in connection with his recent appointment as deputy agriculture minister. Yet, he was described as "a key figure in the coalition leading Phalang Pracharat Party."

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Curious he doesn't show in any searches in Thailand nor (with & without VPN) in Australia, especially with regard to Australia drug conviction and prison to which he admits did occur.

The only place I find his name "Thammanas Phromphao" is a search in Thai Visa Google but only in connection with his recent appointment as deputy agriculture minister. Yet, he was described as "a key figure in the coalition leading Phalang Pracharat Party."

Google Capt Thammanat Prompao

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

He is known to have change his name few times. Bad characters normally do that. He was evicted from Australia as an undesirable because of the suspicion that he was involved in drug trafficking. 

35 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The drug was heroin.

And the guy complain is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seripisut_Temiyavet

Tanatorn Future Forward MAYBE do document a little late.

I'm not quite clear about the way you wrote it.

Do you mean Seriphisut was the one he failed to report who was doing the drug dealing?

What's the link with Tanatorn - why do you say maybe he's left it too late?

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Chinese have been coming to Australia a long time they were even there on the first fleet!The cook was chinese,thus our long association with Chinese restaurants!

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he considered himself suitable for the job because “I am a child of farmers and I grow up with soil

which I use to grow my drugs."

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I also know the secrets of many political parties I have worked with

who better come to my rescue when I need it."

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not quite clear about the way you wrote it.

Do you mean Seriphisut was the one he failed to report who was doing the drug dealing?

What's the link with Tanatorn - why do you say maybe he's left it too late?

Sorry not clear.

Thammanat go jail for heroin.

Seriphisut complain about him yesterday. I put the link to show that he not “the angel” also. 

They are are both in the parliament.

Tanatorn never do anything bad before. Only MAYBE do a document a little bit late. Not the criminal guy at all. He the good, honest, polite guy. MAYBE use his car to deive anti junta friend home.

But Tanatorn get cancel, but this two guy, and many other guy like mafia, no problem to stay in parliament.

I just try to say it is not fairness.

Hope you understand now how I mean it.

Archived