Non-O extension. Next Year Must Have Health Insurance

I did my retirement extension today (Non-O) at Lampang. Was told I would likely have to have a health insurance policy when I do my extension next year (400k). They said that they have been informed the order has been drafted, but they haven't received it in writing yet.

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

First I've heard of this applying to extensions and Non O's. Wonder if they're confusing it with the mandatory insurance that's still getting final approval for new Non O-A applications? If they're going to push through these rules for all people doing Non O extensions, they're going to be opening one hell of a can of worms. 

I am simply reporting what I was told today. I am sure more info will be forthcoming soon.

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes they are introducing compulsory health insurance, with a minimum cover of 400 000 baht per year, must be OPD and IPD. In other words, you would be paying high premium for minimal cover but for those who have nothing, at least its something. Though still unsure how its going to work for those with pre existing conditions, i am afraid it might be you will have to pay for a piece of paper which in reality is worth nothing and will not pay out anything.

I believe you mean 40k out patient and 400k inpatient

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Well if there are enough aliens who pressurise imm officials everyday with questions about the medical insurance for non O extensions, the imm will think it a good idea to implement and require it.

They brought up the subject, not me.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I believe you mean 40k out patient and 400k inpatient

Or maybe he means, the non O extension for married people based on 400000 baht in the bank and the non O ext based on retirement who must now hold 400000 baht in the bank to eternity whilst they are getting extensions of stay based on retirement in Thailand.

Edited by userabcd

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Or maybe he means the non O extension for married people based on 400000 baht in the bank and the non O ext based on retirement who must now hold 400000 baht in the bank to eternity whilst they are getting extensions of stay based on retirement in Thailand.

My extension was based on the 800k deposit. They simply said I would likely need to have 400K thb is health insurance when I do next year's extension.

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

again wrong

O-X Visa                   1.7 Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand (per the approval of the Office of Insurance Commission) and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/th/services/81359-Non-Immigrant-Visa-O-X-(Long-Stay).html

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wimpy said:

My extension was based on the 800k deposit. They simply said I would likely need to have 400K thb is health insurance when I do next year's extension.

See my post 9, however note if you already have medical insurance than you only need to show that, no need to take out new cover

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Neither, i know what i meant, person you replying to is clueless so just ignore him

The talk of insurance is for 400 k cover, this is max payout per year but must include both inpatient and outpatient.

This new rule has not been fully introduced yet, only discussed and this is what was proposed.

If introduced, personally i would love to know how insurance companies would treat pre existing conditions on this kind of policy?

Also you can pretty much forget being treated in a private hospital with this kind of cover for anything serious, as 400k would be gone in 1-2 days

I have a good friend that is over 70, with serious health issues. I can't imagine this will be good for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

O-X Visa                   1.7 Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand (per the approval of the Office of Insurance Commission) and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hague/th/services/81359-Non-Immigrant-Visa-O-X-(Long-Stay).html

Why oh why do you insist on just being a clown is beyond me.

from your own link 

2.5Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 3 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand or certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand and certificate of annual income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht (local currency equivalent) per year. (Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.)

So how does your link relate to OP or extension of stay

• Confused 1