Non-O extension. Next Year Must Have Health Insurance

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

About 61k per year payable in two installments.  If you can't hack that it's bye or the agent route.  Depending on who certifies the insurance - now's there's the job to have.  Insurance rectifier/certifier gotta be worth 10 mil a year for sure.  

I have a rich Thai best friend and he has big investors. Been thinking about proposing the idea and then getting pushed through. One of our other friends brother is in the Gov. For me maybe around 40k. If it becomes hard if not set later on, I would certainly consider an agent by all means. All I can think is good luck to the ones who cannot do it or will struggle to do it. I would hate to see families ripped apart, or a good dream life of an expat retiree washed away.

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Depending on who certifies the insurance   

Certification?

You are making it too complicated. You want to give them the same headaches they had with the Embassy letters?

Nobody certifies the insurance, because it does not need to be certified, it's out of the preferred list of local Thai companies.

Edited by lkv

7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I would make an educated guess that real 'expats' (as opposed to immigrants or tourists) have cover through their employment. 

It is therefore likely that expats cost the Thais nothing at all. 

Real Expats? 

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Real Expats? 

What I mean is people who are working. 

I put 'real' in quotes because some people use the term to mean simply people who have emigrated vs those who have emigrated and work in the foreign country. 

5 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

What I mean is people who are working. 

I put 'real' in quotes because some people use the term to mean simply people who have emigrated vs those who have emigrated and work in the foreign country. 

My interpretation is someone who has really moved here and does not live in their own country anymore for the eternity or justifiable future.. Mine spans decades here but only in my mid 50's.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lkv said:

Certification?

You are making it too complicated. You want to give them the same headaches they had with the Embassy letters?

Nobody certifies the insurance, because it does not need to be certified, it's out of the preferred list of local Thai companies.

And on the same note: for people thinking foreign insurances would be accepted, how would those be certified?

By who? The Embassy? How? The same way income was certified? The affidavit way? Taking the applicant's word for it?

(This for extensions, if it ever came to that).

For the non O-A, it would be possible, the same way the other documents are certified, but that's not helping the Thai economy much. If they wanted that, they would have allowed foreign insurance on the non O-X, and they haven't. So.......

Edited by lkv

52 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Thailand has the 8th largest economy in Asia and most of the income comes from industry.  Only 20% from tourism and most of that from China.

Now they have competition growing in both Tourism and Industry, couple that with astonishing debt issues, and they are primed for implosion. I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop (world markets collapsing), its way overdue! Right now is a good time to stockpile cash and get ready to buy into stocks when they collapse.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lkv said:

Certification?

From the list.  Aetna and Pacific Cross are they Thai companies?

Just now, ocddave said:

Now they have competition growing in both Tourism and Industry, couple that with astonishing debt issues, and they are primed for implosion. I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop (world markets collapsing), its way overdue! Right now is a good time to stockpile cash and get ready to buy into stocks when they collapse.

Check the debt as a percent of GDP and it has been going down since 2014.

1 minute ago, ocddave said:

Not government debt, personal debt, these people are in trouble and they are going to feel the hurt.

Personal debt as a percent of the GDP has been going down since 2014.  The economy is slowing down 3% growth and tourism is slowing but nothing serious.  The economy is fine if it was not like the UK the Baht would be tanking like the pound is.  

Edited by marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Personal debt as a percent of the GDP has been going down since 2014

Well here is government debt, its actually rising.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/government-debt-to-gdp

And Houshould Debt to GDP.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/households-debt-to-gdp

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

From the list.  Aetna and Pacific Cross are they Thai companies?

That's the list your agent is advertising to you so I cannot comment.

The only "international" company i see on the list is Pacific Cross, and it's their Thai subsidiary.

Never heard of it before this forum was running ads about them, apparently they have some offices in Thailand, Phillippines, Vietnam and Indonesia.

there is no reason for those on O-A visa to require health insurance an those on O visas an getting extensions not to

OK,so now u need leave 400,000 in the bank year round and SPEND another 60-120,000 baht/YEAR for health insurance.

I self insure and have the whole 33years i have been here, total medical/hospital cost less than 50,000 baht>

NO way am i going to pay 60,000 (the least expensive for my age) for worthless insurance

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Don't look like a rise to me.  But at my age sometimes I cant tell

historical@3x.png

I think its your age ???? Its rising since 2016, and I guarantee you 2019 will not show too well, as you can see from the Household-to-gdp rise in 2019.

1 minute ago, lkv said:

That's the list your agent is advertising to you so I cannot comment.

The only "international" company i see on the list is Pacific Cross, and it's their Thai subsidiary.

Never heard of it before this forum was running ads about them, apparently they have some offices in Thailand, Phillippines, Vietnam and Indonesia.

The O-X insurance requirement accepts foreign companies as did the memo approved by the cabinet where did you get the idea it would be only Thai companies?  

The O-X insurance requirement accepts foreign companies as did the memo approved by the cabinet where did you get the idea it would be only Thai companies?  

From the requirements listed on every's Embassy's website?