Advise what to do about dog poop in front of our property

yuta65

Dear community,

I moved here to work in Khon Kaen for 1 year from Bangkok. After 1 month of living here I gave a problem that people let their dog shot outside of our property. In short they roam free and make everything Dirty. Even after I talk to the neighbors, they don’t seem to care. So what should I do next?

What came in my mind is put poison in our doorstep, of course the dogs will die.

Again I am not a religious Thai fellow and really wouldn’t care. I own 2 dogs(mastiff and pitbull)and I never let them out to shit in front of other people house of property. It’s just disgusting.

So how do people handle it here in north east? If I put poison and kill those dogs(5-6 dogs daily), what are the problems or consequences? I just had enough that every morning and evening I have to pick up shit from other people’s dog. Also have to spray our car park......

Can’t eat our food just thinking about it.

Our dogs

IMG_0443.JPG

Any help from the police? Or should I trow the poop that I pick up into their property? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How about adapting to your new country? You are not in your home country now. New country new rules. Poisoning the local dogs? Remember, you might think they are streetdogs, but all dogs actually have an owner. if it was my dog you killed, you would be very sorry.  Getting arrested for killing somebodies dog will look good the next time at immigration. 

Anyway, another quality foreigner in the LOS. I wonder why we are less and less welcome.

you remind me of these Muslim immigrants in Europe who don't adapt and are at constant war with their neighbours. Terrible ppl. Why should the police help you? With what? Its obvious you are the troublemaker, already threatening to throw poop at the property of your THAI  neighbours. I hope Immigration reads your post and tracks you down and next time with a bogus reasons deny yr visa. Putting the trash out. Hasta Luego Amigo.

I think there are some sprays or stuff you can put out that dogs really hate and will avoid.  I have heard that spreading chili powder around will keep them from coming back and sniffing around.  Things like vinegar and lime juice sprayed around an area, etc. 

I have some advice to ensure your safety while using poison. If you put out poison to kill your Thai neighbors dogs. First, have all of your worldly possessions loaded into a taxi and make straight for the airport. Because once those dogs begin to wail and go down, your neighbors will come after you. And you will suffer the consequences you deserve. 

You are in their country, and this is their culture where people are a bit more tolerant of things messy and dirty. Adapt or leave.

You've brought Bkk dogs to a neighborhood in Khon Kaen? Obviously the local dogs (all family) don't like that, so they mark their disgust by shitting outside your house.

Try vinegar or lemongrass/lime as mentioned above.

Do not upset the locals. You kill their dogs, - they might kill you……..

Eventhough I think you're a troll, I'll bite ????

Having such power breeds would think you're accustomed to how dogs handle their business and marking their territory - seems tho you are not - so I'd say move to a desolate island with your dogs, so they can roam free and claim their territory - makes you happy to collect only their poo :stoner:

PS. in case you were serious - let them puppies out of the gate to claim their territory, as long as you're ready to foot the bill what they do in order to assert themselves in the doggy hierarchy, as well as cleaning up their doodoo from neighbours' properties ????

How about adapting to your new country? You are not in your home country now. New country new rules. Poisoning the local dogs? Remember, you might think they are streetdogs, but all dogs actually have an owner. if it was my dog you killed, you would be very sorry.  Getting arrested for killing somebodies dog will look good the next time at immigration. 
Anyway, another quality foreigner in the LOS. I wonder why we are less and less welcome.

Oh don’t you read? I am Thai, as talking doesn’t help as those idiots neighbour don’t pick up their dog poop it’s me that has to do that. Every morning at 5 am I get up and in front of my gate is full of dog shit.

I already warned them if they don’t pick it up then I will just put poison outside their. I don’t like doing that as well but if you let your dog poop in others people property you must be a disgusting farang.

In Bangkok i had not so much trouble as those dogs that has no collar will be pick up every couple weeks, everyone in the housing community locked their dogs inside their property. But as I moved here to Khon Kaen, it seem to be not the case.

Why should I let other people dog demage property and make a mess of our place?

if yiu kill somebodies dogthe least you can expect is they will return the favor and toss some poisoned meat over your fence.

Well I my dogs are always lock inside the house when I go out, so their is no way that they will get to eat it. Every day is the same, their shitty dogs with 1 family with 6-7 dogs come and shit on our property. It’s like our place is their toilet. What disgusting is even when they see it they don’t come and pick up.
I already got angry at them and said if the dogs come inside our property I will shot it. Just frustrating, they dogs bark the hold night too, who lives with 7 dogs?

6 minutes ago, yuta65 said:

Oh don’t you read? I am Thai, as talking doesn’t help as those idiots neighbour don’t pick up their dog poop it’s me that has to do that. Every morning at 5 am I get up and in front of my gate is full of dog shit.

I already warned them if they don’t pick it up then I will just put poison outside their. I don’t like doing that as well but if you let your dog poop in others people property you must be a disgusting farang.

In Bangkok i had not so much trouble as those dogs that has no collar will be pick up every couple weeks, everyone in the housing community locked their dogs inside their property. But as I moved here to Khon Kaen, it seem to be not the case.

Why should I let other people dog demage property and make a mess of our place?

Thai? I doubt it. Why would you be appealing for advice on a foreign forum for poisoning dogs. Troll alert.

Killing dogs for doing a natural thing...pooping. Really? I mean...reeeeally? Is it really the dogs fault they do what they do?

I completely understand your frustration....but common. really? Kill the dog for pooping where you dont like it? Unfortunately I dont have any suggestion for you except for let it be and most importantly....leave the poor dogs out of it.

Maybe call animal control? Does something like this even exist here for dogs?

8 minutes ago, yuta65 said:

Well I my dogs are always lock inside the house when I go out, so their is no way that they will get to eat it. Every day is the same, their shitty dogs with 1 family with 6-7 dogs come and shit on our property. It’s like our place is their toilet. What disgusting is even when they see it they don’t come and pick up.
I already got angry at them and said if the dogs come inside our property I will shot it. Just frustrating, they dogs bark the hold night too, who lives with 7 dogs?

PPS. you've selected much too small a yard for those dogs, and they will pick up the barking habit too while being frustrated in small confined space - I suggest you get better accommodation with a proper yard for them ????
Before:

Image may contain: cat
After:
Image may contain: plant, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

The dogs are probably attracted to the scent of your own dogs which is why they come to poop in front of your gate.

If you love dogs, you'll spray down the yard every day with a spray of bleach.

If you dont like dogs, get rid of your own dogs and that will pursued the others not to come to your home as the scent will go away.

Either way your problem is now solved.

Do not poison someone's dogs...

Many Thais actually get a big kick out of annoying expats..the more you complain...the more enjoyment they receive...

I once had a similar problem...put unwanted dog poop in paper bag and took it to dog's owner...never saw dogs again...do not expect this will work for you...Thais can become irrational and physically aggressive in a heartbeat...

If you plan on living there long term, find a solution to the problem that does not include pissing off your Thai neighbors...

Good Luck!

16 hours ago, Uptooyoo said:

Thai? I doubt it. Why would you be appealing for advice on a foreign forum for poisoning dogs. Troll alert.

I agree. He is a troll. I am really Thai. That is no secret on this forum. I notice that the OP's English gets worst the more he writes.

Go out and chase them away. Poisoning is not a good idea.... a bit 

over the top.

Mama has a new dog big 3 months old always poops in the driveway .... I went out just as he was in position and ready 

to go. Yapped at him and pointed to the grass area... he’s not 

done again.....  he knows I’m not like mama and the sister.. the

dog Understands I’m not playing.

and if he doesn’t mind I will tell him no more sleeping outside the 

door for AC ....

Aybe there is some non toxic you could spray out there... google a vet and ask. 

19 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

How about adapting to your new country?

That means poison. I don't know if the OP wants to go that far, he seems to have doubts, uh,  perhaps even moral issues. ????

Obviously he has not adapted yet. Give him time, these things will pass.

19 hours ago, yuta65 said:

I use a catapult and clay balls which break up when they hit the ground and hurt they dog a bit if you hit them. Always aim for the body and not the head They will soon learn the lesson and if you  neighbours complain explain that you do like dogs but not ones that come onto your property and crap everywhere.

That means poison. I don't know if the OP wants to go that far, he seems to have doubts, uh,  perhaps even moral issues. [emoji50]

Obviously he has not adapted yet. Give him time, these things will pass.

He is claiming to be a Thai, coming on a Farang forum to ask advice as to what to do against his countrymen !!

Seems legit [emoji848]

Go and buy a catapult and fire stones at the dog when you see it poo near your house,  they will soon get the message. They will associate pooing with pain and go somewhere else. It does work !

Archived