Advise what to do about dog poop in front of our property

yuta65

On 7/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, yuta65 said:

Well I my dogs are always lock inside the house when I go out, so their is no way that they will get to eat it. Every day is the same, their shitty dogs with 1 family with 6-7 dogs come and shit on our property. It’s like our place is their toilet. What disgusting is even when they see it they don’t come and pick up.
I already got angry at them and said if the dogs come inside our property I will shot it. Just frustrating, they dogs bark the hold night too, who lives with 7 dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well , somehow I can understand you , but I need to warn you about killing other peoples dogs .

My dog that I brought with us when we moved to Thailand was poisoned and killed ( it suffered a lot ) by some Thai idiot who wanted to teach " the farang a lesson " I know who did it and I only wait for the right moment to make this guy pay for what he did . I loved my old dog ( Floyd was 10 yrs old when he was poisoned ) and paid about 100000 THB to take him with us to Thailand when we moved here .

I can wait , but not forget . One day I will get him .

If you kill a dog , prepare to face the consequences . 

By the way , Floyd was our only dog . Now we have 9 dogs . 2 big Rottweilers , not very friendly ...

I'm really surprised TV allow this forum on here to continue.  It must break so many rules talking about killing dogs and people, hate, destroying property. Take it down TV.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:16 PM, herwin1234 said:

How about adapting to your new country? You are not in your home country now. New country new rules. Poisoning the local dogs? Remember, you might think they are streetdogs, but all dogs actually have an owner. if it was my dog you killed, you would be very sorry.  Getting arrested for killing somebodies dog will look good the next time at immigration. 

Anyway, another quality foreigner in the LOS. I wonder why we are less and less welcome.

Adapting to your new country? What a ridiculous and uneducted remark. Laughable actually. 

Most people do, my i can assure you if you were cleaning it up you would soon get angry.

How would you deal with it?

First, deposit the shit where it came from, right outside their gate.

Second, clean, i mean really clean and disinfect with bleach the area they shit. Repeat every time the shit.

Go to a pharmacy and buy ammonia, spray the whole area.

Also keep some ammonia in a squeezy bottle that you can seal, if not it evaporates. Spay onto the dogs when they try to shit, it won't hurt them, but they will in time shit elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Adapting to your new country? What a ridiculous and uneducted remark. Laughable actually. 

Most people do, my i can assure you if you were cleaning it up you would soon get angry.

How would you deal with it?

buy a pressure cleaner . You can use it to keep the dogs away as well ...

27 minutes ago, RBOP said:

I'm really surprised TV allow this forum on here to continue.  It must break so many rules talking about killing dogs and people, hate, destroying property. Take it down TV.

Nobody said anything about killing people .

But to every action , there is a REACTION . That needs to be considered ...

I had a problem like this back in USA, pooping on the nature strip. I had a corner lot.

I went out one night and peed here and there around the strip. "Marked my territory". I could imagine the dogs saying "Why didn't you say so earlier? Sorry". End of problem

Dogs smell something like 10k better than humans. They might not like ammonia, but that won't stop the poop parade.

If my suggestion doesn't work, how about just getting a little shit shovel and cleaning it up every day?

18921917_10155314270598361_5292722284585311483_n_10155314270598361.jpg

You could try shiting outside the other dog owner's gate and see if they get the message.

Good luck fella, have the same problem with dogs, chickens even kids crapping in my yard. Don't let it worry you so much.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:16 PM, herwin1234 said:

How about adapting to your new country? You are not in your home country now. New country new rules. Poisoning the local dogs? Remember, you might think they are streetdogs, but all dogs actually have an owner. if it was my dog you killed, you would be very sorry.  Getting arrested for killing somebodies dog will look good the next time at immigration. 

Anyway, another quality foreigner in the LOS. I wonder why we are less and less welcome.

don't you love thai apologists...  wish 10 dogs came to shit in front of your door eVERyDAY

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, herwin1234 said:

Congratulations on commending yourself as a quality foreigner and for your very interesting 'armchair threat' of violence against someone who poisoned your verminous animal.

Now that we have the alternative name for roaming Soi dogs out in the open, may I enlighten you to the fact that many people do not have the same regard for these disgusting creatures as you seem to do.

I for one, despise the vicious, stinking, unpleasant and increasingly threatening vermin that are allowed to roam unchecked in every Soi throughout Thailand, irrespective of whether they are owned by someone or not. People have no problem getting rid of rats, (small and identical mammals similar to dogs), snakes, 'scary' insects such as centipedes, spiders and lizards), what is so different for these creatures?

From my point of view, dogs are at the top of the extermination list. All the other animals/insects or reptiles are way below them, and rarely deserve extermination. 

The OP was explaining that he was at his wit's end at having his property entrance fouled and used as a public toilet every day. Personally, I would have every roaming 'doggie woggie' shot on sight. It doesn't make you a quality foreigner to appose my views - nor does it make the OP a less quality foreigner for his, either.

Perhaps you would be happy if all the residents in your Soi came along and shat outside your house day after day. would you be you OK with that?

I had trouble in my neighborhood with people either letting their dogs run free or even walking them to the side of my house to take a crap. I set up a CCTV and when I see the owners I go out and accost them and tell them how much we hate their dog crap outside our house. If it is running loose, we check the dog on CCTV and scrape it up and throw it in the owners driveway. It has taken a long time (years) but it is pretty much taken care of. No one walks their dog by our house and the loose dogs don't seem to be loose any more.

Archived