Thoen district, lampang Thailand

Nakmuay887

Thoen is closer to Chiang Mai than Chiang Rai - under the local forums ????
I've been only passing thru, so sorry have no other relevant input, except there is Doi Chong national park that is worth visiting ???? 

2 hours ago, jabis said:

Thoen is closer to Chiang Mai than Chiang Rai - under the local forums ????
I've been only passing thru, so sorry have no other relevant input, except there is Doi Chong national park that is worth visiting ???? 

I wasn't sure specifically which sub forum it would belong under. Felt like it was no mans land. 

I'm moving there mid October was curious of peoples thoughts on it. Sights to see, the mountains, the people etc 

If a mod sees this and can move it to the correct forum I'd really appreciate it ????????

51 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

I wasn't sure specifically which sub forum it would belong under. Felt like it was no mans land. 

I'm moving there mid October was curious of peoples thoughts on it. Sights to see, the mountains, the people etc 

If a mod sees this and can move it to the correct forum I'd really appreciate it ????????

Welcome to the Kingdom then - I'd actually reckon this would be "central thailand" forum-worthy, as Thoen is a stone throw from Tak ???? Anyway if you roam around Chiang Mai, feel free to throw a PM ????

Jabis is correct.  You are going to be much closer to Chiang Mai than Chiang Rai, but still quite far away.  I believe Thoen is something like 90 km from Lampang and then Chiang Mai is some distance from there.

I would also take a look at Google Earth and zoom into street view to get an idea of what the area you will be living in looks like.

4 hours ago, villagefarang said:

Jabis is correct.  You are going to be much closer to Chiang Mai than Chiang Rai, but still quite far away.  I believe Thoen is something like 90 km from Lampang and then Chiang Mai is some distance from there.

I would also take a look at Google Earth and zoom into street view to get an idea of what the area you will be living in looks like.

So what's the proper sub forum for Thoen? If you look at them all which one would it fall under? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me! 

1 hour ago, Nakmuay887 said:

In terms of the location sub forums*

That’s the thing, you’re so far off the beaten track there won’t be an active forum for that area.  There are various sub forms that might be of interest to you, like sports and visa etc. 

15 hours ago, villagefarang said:

That’s the thing, you’re so far off the beaten track there won’t be an active forum for that area.  There are various sub forms that might be of interest to you, like sports and visa etc. 

Thank you for all your help! 

Archived