Do you think my wife has a chance of getting a visit visa to UK?

Hey, I was wondering what are the chance of my Thai wife getting a visit visa, on this circumstances:

Her reasons to return back to Thailand

1. She has saving account of 20,000THB.
  2. She has two life insurance under her name. One is 15 years and the other one is 2 years.
  3. She works at Suvarnabhumi Airport, at a Japanese restaurant. However she only started that job a week ago. But her employer are aware and are willing to give her two weeks off - as she had mention that before on her interview.
  4. She has apartment rental agreement in Bangkok under her and her friends name.
  5. She has a motorbike in finance, that she pays out monthly instalment.
  6. Both her parents are deceased; she has their death certificate translated into English with official government stamp.
  7. My wife family tie is her grandmother who is 74 years old, who is her responsibility. She looks after her by giving petty cash, buying food, medicine etc. Her grandmother owns a piece of land that she gives out to rent; my wife handles that responsibility. Before my wife moved to Bangkok, she lived her whole life at her grandmother house with her. She is registered at that address.
  8. As my wife works in Bangkok, she has hired a worker from Myanmar to look after her grandmother. 

About me

I have been living in my parent's house for the past two years. I got married last month; I came back to England last week. I am currently unemployed with P45 to proof. I want my wife to come to the UK for two weeks to meet my family and to show her England before I find a job and get busy. 

Sponsorships/Finances

My parents will takes full responsibility of my wife; by buying her inward/outward plane ticket, providing accommodation at their home, food, other expenses and private medical treatment just in case.

My parents were already aware of our marriage. After we got married we went to South Korea. Where my parents paid for all the accommodation at hotels, I have proof of payment with their names. 

Lastly they also paid for our flights to Krabi in Thailand and the resort we stayed at. 

Do you think my wife has a chance of getting two weeks visit visa to UK?

Many Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Bradleyrussell said:

Hey, I was wondering what are the chance of my Thai wife getting a visit visa, on this circumstances:

Her reasons to return back to Thailand

1. She has saving account of 20,000THB.
  2. She has two life insurance under her name. One is 15 years and the other one is 2 years.
  3. She works at Suvarnabhumi Airport, at a Japanese restaurant. However she only started that job a week ago. But her employer are aware and are willing to give her two weeks off - as she had mention that before on her interview.
  4. She has apartment rental agreement in Bangkok under her and her friends name.
  5. She has a motorbike in finance, that she pays out monthly instalment.
  6. Both her parents are deceased; she has their death certificate translated into English with official government stamp.
  7. My wife family tie is her grandmother who is 74 years old, who is her responsibility. She looks after her by giving petty cash, buying food, medicine etc. Her grandmother owns a piece of land that she gives out to rent; my wife handles that responsibility. Before my wife moved to Bangkok, she lived her whole life at her grandmother house with her. She is registered at that address.
  8. As my wife works in Bangkok, she has hired a worker from Myanmar to look after her grandmother. 

About me

I have been living in my parent's house for the past two years. I got married last month; I came back to England last week. I am currently unemployed with P45 to proof. I want my wife to come to the UK for two weeks to meet my family and to show her England before I find a job and get busy. 

Sponsorships/Finances

My parents will takes full responsibility of my wife; by buying her inward/outward plane ticket, providing accommodation at their home, food, other expenses and private medical treatment just in case.

My parents were already aware of our marriage. After we got married we went to South Korea. Where my parents paid for all the accommodation at hotels, I have proof of payment with their names. 

Lastly they also paid for our flights to Krabi in Thailand and the resort we stayed at. 

Do you think my wife has a chance of getting two weeks visit visa to UK?

There is no reason why she shouldn’t get a visit visa if you fulfill the requirements and put a good application together.

You need to show proof of your relationship, show you have sufficient funds to pay for the trip and have accommodation for her when she comes to the UK and also the difficult one. Her reasons why she will return to Thailand at the end of the holiday.

Her motorbike, her life insurances and parents death certificates are not that relevant to the application. If you use her job as her reason to return you must emphasise that she took the job on, on the basis that she would be allowed the holiday and I think her employer can expect a call from UKVI to confirm it. It's pretty unusual for a reason to return to be a job where she has only worked for the company for a week or so though and I wonder of it will be enough. If her employer letter is in Thai, the ECO will speak in Thai. If in English, they will speak in English.

Your joint hotel bookings, flights, skype/whatsapp logs and marriage certificate should be enough to prove your relationship. 

I can see this one being difficult because of reasons to return. If this was me I'd use an OISC accredited agent who is experienced with similar cases to make sure the application is presented in the best way.

I wouldn't delay getting a job. It may take more than one attempt to get it through and you will need to get 6 months of payslips before you can even apply to get your wife here on a settlement visa. (unless you can persuade your parents to dump £62500 in your account).

I would save the money, rather than pay for a visa agent. Plenty of people with experience on here who will be happy to help.

I do agree with you about the reasons to return though. It won't be easy.

You are probably going to need supporting evidence and sponsorship letter from your parents and their financial proof etc.

Moderator "theoldgit" will be along soon with more advice and guidance.

Your wife has got satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer, the ECO, the decision maker directly employed by the UKVI, that she's a genuine visitor, the visit is affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities she return to her own country at the conclusion of her visit.

It's alway difficult when, as in your case, when the applicant is married to a person living in the UK but they are living apart, your wife will need to convince the ECO that she's just intending to go to the UK for a short holiday and that her ties to her own country are sufficiently strong  to mean that she is likely to return home and not attempt to circumnavigate the settlement rules and simply stay in the UK.

A job that she has only been in for a couple of weeks may not be regarded as a strong reason to return, her employer will need to write a letter confirming that the job is available for her on her return, though it would have been better if she'd been ther for a while, what's her previous emplyment and, if any why did she leave. The letter from the employer can be in English or Thai, if in Thai it will need to be translated, I suspect the UKVI would call the employer, if the letter is in English he would be expected to speak in English.

Forget about the motorcycle and life insurance they'll count for nothing,

Do give details of her accomodation, the longer her lease the better.

Do mention the grandparent and outline her commitment to her.
Given your wife has only been in employment for a short while, she might like to explain why she wants to make the trip at this time and what she intends doing during her short time in the UK.

Be open and honest about your situation and your parents should confirm that they will support her financially and provide evidence of their ability to do so, including a note that suitable accomodation is available for her during her stay.

Ignore the "advice" about the payslips at this stage, and certainly don't take any notice of the deposit of £62,500 into your account, that's pure nonsence.

I do agree with rasg and others, it's not going to be easy, but with a good covering note from you both explaining why you deem a visit prudent at this stage, I also agree that an agent isn't really necessary, if either of you need any further clarification, feel free to ask.

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

Like many guys in Thailand, I have been in your situation.

Best to expect the worst and hope for the best.

I had already been approved by my government as a "sponsor" of my wife (which involves a three-year total financial commitment to your wife/gf once she is in your country.)  It's not unusual for people to divorce or break up after a couple of weeks of her arriving in the husband/bf's country!!
If you're talking about sponsoring your wife to settle in the UK, then this claim is, at the least, misleading. Assuming you are talking about the UK, that's where you seem to be posting from, then a sponsor needs to do no more than provide evidence that they meet the minimum income requirements as set out in the Immigration Act, there is certainly no "total financial commitment".

That three-year commitment ensures that you are on the hook for any  expenses her stay, with or without you, may incur. That is not true, at least for the UK.

Anyway, there we were thinking that now I was approved as her sponsor, she could apply for a visitor visa no problem, while we waited for the "real" visa, the Permanent Resident one (which she did eventually obtain).  Imagine our disappointment when she was denied a visitors' visa.  The "explanation" was totally inadequate...some vague reference to not enough shekels in the bank.  And my wife even owned her own property in Korat and had a steady job and pick-up truck and a teenage son.... A visit visa requires a totally different burdon of evidence than a settlement visa, and your comment that she'd applied for a visit visa whilst waiting for her permanent visa one, just doesn't add up, there's no such thing as a permanent residence visa for the UK, permanent, or rather Indefinite  Leave to Remain is a process that involves a visa from the applicants home country, followed by two futher applications in the UK, a process that takes a tad over five years.

Of course, one big problem, since about 2013 or so is that all these visa applications are handled by an outfit called VFS.  Their employees seem to be totally incompetent and are capable only of looking at bank accounts. VFS are no more than an office to receive supporting evidence in respect of applications, capture the applicant biometric details and forward them to directly employed UKVI staff who will make a decision on the application, VFS play no part in the decision making process.

Sorry about this rant.  Just to let you know that, despite all this excellent advice given to you by others (above) your application is basically in the lap of the gods. The best advice is to ensure that applications meet the criteria and leave the decision maker that in no doubt that the visit is genuine, affordable and that they have sufficient, relevant, ties to their own country to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that they will return home at the conclusion of their visit.  

11 minutes ago, blazes said:

You may be correct about the VFS, though I am not sure you can prove it....that VFS makes no decisions.

No, I doubt if I can prove that VFS don't decide on whether to grant a UK Visit Visa or not, and neither should I need to, but the fact remains that decisions are made by directly employed UKVI staff, directly employed in Delhi.

Maybe this quote from the VFS website may be of some asssitence though, about-vfsglobal

Who decides if I will get a visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Visas and Immigration staff. VFS Global and its staff do not play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application. VFS Global can only provide services to ensure that your visa application is correctly filled in and submitted.

Getting visas for Thai women to visit the UK is now a complete nightmare. I've got a mate who owns his own construction company in the UK, he's a millionaire several times over, and his wife has a business in Thailand which turns over a decent profit. They have been refused three times, which has cost him a ludicrous amount of money.

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Getting visas for Thai women to visit the UK is now a complete nightmare. I've got a mate who owns his own construction company in the UK, he's a millionaire several times over, and his wife has a business in Thailand which turns over a decent profit. They have been refused three times, which has cost him a ludicrous amount of money.

Refusal notices will clearly indicate the reason for refusals and it's these issues you need to address.

The cost of a UK Visitor Visa should be pocket change to a millionaire.

8 hours ago, SteveK said:

If a decent application had been put together that fulfilled the requirements, the visa would have been issued. After a refusal the reasons for refusal have to be addressed or the result will be the same for the following application.

On 7/12/2019 at 2:42 PM, theoldgit said:

Your wife has got satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer, the ECO, the decision maker directly employed by the UKVI, that she's a genuine visitor, the visit is affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities she return to her own country at the conclusion of her visit.

It's alway difficult when, as in your case, when the applicant is married to a person living in the UK but they are living apart, your wife will need to convince the ECO that she's just intending to go to the UK for a short holiday and that her ties to her own country are sufficiently strong  to mean that she is likely to return home and not attempt to circumnavigate the settlement rules and simply stay in the UK.

Her previous employment, she worked as Dental Assistant and part-time at Dairy Queen as Cashier. Both jobs were in Saraburi. But she left to come to Bangkok, because her monthly salary at the Bangkok airport is more, in addition tips all together, she will earn monthly income between 20,000 THB to 23,000 THB.

A job that she has only been in for a couple of weeks may not be regarded as a strong reason to return, her employer will need to write a letter confirming that the job is available for her on her return, though it would have been better if she'd been ther for a while, what's her previous emplyment and, if any why did she leave. The letter from the employer can be in English or Thai, if in Thai it will need to be translated, I suspect the UKVI would call the employer, if the letter is in English he would be expected to speak in English.

Forget about the motorcycle and life insurance they'll count for nothing,

She has a lease agreement for 6 months, with 4,000THB as deposit. 

Do give details of her accomodation, the longer her lease the better.

Do mention the grandparent and outline her commitment to her.
Given your wife has only been in employment for a short while, she might like to explain why she wants to make the trip at this time and what she intends doing during her short time in the UK.

Be open and honest about your situation and your parents should confirm that they will support her financially and provide evidence of their ability to do so, including a note that suitable accomodation is available for her during her stay.

Ignore the "advice" about the payslips at this stage, and certainly don't take any notice of the deposit of £62,500 into your account, that's pure nonsence.

I do agree with rasg and others, it's not going to be easy, but with a good covering note from you both explaining why you deem a visit prudent at this stage, I also agree that an agent isn't really necessary, if either of you need any further clarification, feel free to ask.

Archived