Trump rips tech firms at 'free speech' summit

webfact

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wrong. It was 25 years of binging on reality TV that gave us Trump. It was the constant dumbing down of the American people, to the point where just a few carefully engineered slogans was all it took to vote for an infantile guy, who himself said there was no way he was going to get elected. 

I've never watched a"reality TV show in my life, so I wouldn't have any point of reference for that. What I do know is that for a year or more the mainstream media told us who was going to be the next president and whenever something came up that could damage that assertion they glossed over it and pretended that it was nothing.

As much as people like to think that everyone except themselves is stupid that's not really the case. When they are force fed a diet that they know is full of lies, spin and bullshit, they will vote for practically anyone else and that gave us Trump. It was a desperation pass, a Hail Mary but when the prime candidate talks about you like this:

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America."

“If you look at the map of the U.S., there’s all that red in the middle, places where Trump won,” Clinton told an overseas crowd recently. “Now I win the coasts, I win Illinois and Minnesota, and places like that. But what the map doesn’t show you,” she said, “is that I won the places that represent two thirds of America’s gross domestic product.”

She went on, bragging, “I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, Make America Great Again, was looking backwards.”

Are you going to vote for them?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, candide said:

Another fake conspiracy theory by the serial liar. Is he trying to get Russian accounts allowed again before elections?

Maybe it’s a hissy fit after the courts kicked him in the nads over his blocking of citizens access to his twit account.

they ( the courts) said it was unconstitutional, because he used his twit account to announce policy, so therefore ever citizen had the right to read his twits, and that he must unblock his detractors. 

4 hours ago, daoyai said:

Fake? most of the participants attending this meeting have been deplatformed, banned or or otherwise censored on youtube, FB, google etc. ... this is real.

Well, we sure wouldn't want to ban the Nazis or KKK hate speech ... after all we should deal equally with those who have been documented as being opposed to core American values.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Point is that they first came for Alex Jones.

Where does it stop? De-platforming National Review and Breitbart etc? 

Why not Breitbart, they're a known source of Fake / Hoax News and conspiracy BS. National Review ain't much better

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

So the issue isn't that most of the  stuff on the internet is hype and bullshit, but that his particular brand of hype and bullshit isn't getting enough exposure.

It seems your brand of bs is also getting the desired exposure.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump said [...] he would summon major social firms to the White House for talks in coming weeks.

Good; I hope they live-stream it and everyone will be able to watch Trump get schooled on the difference between government censorship and private media platforms making business decisions about what kind of content can be allowed on their platforms.

6 hours ago, daoyai said:

Fake? most of the participants attending this meeting have been deplatformed, banned or or otherwise censored on youtube, FB, google etc. ... this is real.

That is because their views make the Nazis look like boy scouts!  There is a limit to free speech.  You can't shout fire in a packed movie theatre. You can't deny the holocaust!  They are the biggest pack of Nazi's, KKK members, liars and loonies that the right can produce!  My father fought in World War II because of these kinds of people.

The last thing that Trump really wants is free speech anyway.  Like Big Brother he only wants his message pasted everywhere.

I have often subtlety referred to the  manipulation of  social and political attitude based on partisan and patriotic appeal and have been rubbished for it. Understandably due to objection to the idea of being duped as a self perceived intelligent individual few recognize or even acknowledge the impact of political and social  engineering that occurs.

In the case of the  USA which has a continuance of a  "cold" civil war represented  by the two major political parties of persuasion resulting in destructive national discord.

Trump attaining the position of POTUS in itself many consider dubious in light of the controversies arising  from that alone with the much lesser exception about disallowed  votes in the  case of  Bush  junior.

He did  not  put himself in his position . He was assisted  and propelled into it  for the  purposes of those  who desired it. And they were not really the  voting public.

That he remains and is provided protection from what the majority  of  rational people would expect at least some form of censure if  not expulsion indicates  a determination to continue to use him for original purpose.

It is the "come what  may " of that that justifiably is or should be the  very great concern of the  Global population !

Political and social  engineering  is an insidious  tool of the procurers. It may be presented as benevolent in appeal but from wherever it is applied it is based on applied dominance in one  fashion or another.

Despite  our acclaim as  superior humans as a species we continue to  subscribe  to the  very base predator agenda of primitives. More so in the fact that we can and do annihilate ourselves on  simple ideologically confused excuse.

As a puppet in reality Trump propounding opinion of  free speech is an absurdity !

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Point is that they first came for Alex Jones.

Where does it stop? De-platforming National Review and Breitbart etc? 

Oh I don’t know boonme you don’t think it’s hurtfull to the moms and dads who’s KINDERGARTEN kids were murderd and that pos Alex Jones says dident happen?personally as far as that guy and his ilks are gone the better

Land of the free? Under Trump- not on your life

Service members participating in the Trump ‘Salute to America’ event at the National Mall were  given cards outlining ‘dos and don’ts’ for the celebration, which the Pentagon described as being a tribute to those who “defend the American way of life.”

Why did the Pentagon feel it necessary to ensure its soldiers towed the Trump line like loyal subjects of an authoritarian dictatorship, or characters from George Orwell’s 1984. Perhaps there was some concern that the patriotic servicemen may voice their opinions about being pushed into yet another war with Iran, or are tired of fighting an 18-year-long war in Afghanistan. 

This was sent to me recently - note the telephone number?????

D-k9cxQWsAALph5.jpg

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Well, we sure wouldn't want to ban the Nazis or KKK hate speech ... after all we should deal equally with those who have been documented as being opposed to core American values.

Congrats on being the first to bring up Nazis. 

1 hour ago, mlmcleod said:

That is because their views make the Nazis look like boy scouts!  There is a limit to free speech.  You can't shout fire in a packed movie theatre. You can't deny the holocaust!  They are the biggest pack of Nazi's, KKK members, liars and loonies that the right can produce!  My father fought in World War II because of these kinds of people.

The last thing that Trump really wants is free speech anyway.  Like Big Brother he only wants his message pasted everywhere.

Yeah Diamond and Silk are members of the KKK and Joy Villa is a Nazi. 

3 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Actually, you can in the USA. But not on a privately owned platform if the powers that be choose to ban you. As in this forum, for example.

5 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

You SJW / Antifa types call everyone with a different political viewpoint "Nazis". so meaningless in this day and age. A few of the commentators affected by the banning include Ben Shapiro (jewish),  Candice Owens (black woman), Milo Yanopolis (gay, Jewish, married to a black man), Jon Miller (black) Andy Gno (Vietnamese) ...all good Nazis I'm sure. You can yell fire in a theatre IF there is a fire.  Trump derangement syndrome, sad but amusing.

2 hours ago, daoyai said:

You SJW / Antifa types call everyone with a different political viewpoint "Nazis". so meaningless in this day and age. A few of the commentators affected by the banning include Ben Shapiro (jewish),  Candice Owens (black woman), Milo Yanopolis (gay, Jewish, married to a black man), Jon Miller (black) Andy Gno (Vietnamese) ...all good Nazis I'm sure. You can yell fire in a theatre IF there is a fire.  Trump derangement syndrome, sad but amusing.

Trump threatens NBC's license over 'fake news' report

https://www.cnet.com/news/donald-trump-threatens-nbc-license-fake-news-report/

Trump just stepped up his calls to open up libel laws and weaken First Amendment protections

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-first-amendment-libel-2016-10

It seems your brand of bs is also getting the desired exposure.

The POTUS has exposed their brand of Activism.Most of these MSM owners permit this type of reporting example ,the constant beat of the bias drum .Im not talkin so much opinion news either.

How many positive news stories about the economy ,lower food stamp recipients ,more minorities working ever before,more jobs,exposing other countries like China with their bad trade policies have MSM outlets given time too.24 /7 mostly negative .

How many expose Antifa or the homeless that pitch tents in the inner cities and seem more concerned with illegals being taken care of.

I must say when they asked than candidate Trump if he would accept his defeat and concede to HC turned ugly for them.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

The POTUS has exposed their brand of Activism.Most of these MSM owners permit this type of reporting example ,the constant beat of the bias drum .Im not talkin so much opinion news either.

How many positive news stories about the economy ,lower food stamp recipients ,more minorities working ever before,more jobs,exposing other countries like China with their bad trade policies have MSM outlets given time too.24 /7 mostly negative .

How many expose Antifa or the homeless that pitch tents in the inner cities and seem more concerned with illegals being taken care of.

I must say when they asked than candidate Trump if he would accept his defeat and concede to HC turned ugly for them.

…hey Riclag hows that deficit doing are we paying it down during good economic times?how your health care?how do you like paying donalds tariffs?donalds tax scam cost me bigly the average joe is still struggling and not reaping any reward from donalds economy it works good for the rich folks though 

20 hours ago, daoyai said:

Banned from privately owned networks for peddling hate, lies or otherwise breaching the terms of service they signed up to.

People who express views that don’t breach the terms of service don’t get banned.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Banned from privately owned networks for peddling hate, lies or otherwise breaching the terms of service they signed up to.

People who express views that don’t breach the terms of service don’t get banned.

Nope, not as simplistic as that, they are banned and censored for different view points. The media bias toward leftist, democrat views is well documented. Most conservative writers are well aware of terms of service and are careful to stay in bounds.

This issue will be resolved soon as big tech monopolies are investigated for their manipulation and subverting of the first amendment.

The video of mainstream media meltdown in the rose garden following the White House meeting on this issue is quite amusing.   

19 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Nope, not as simplistic as that, they are banned and censored for different view points. The media bias toward leftist, democrat views is well documented. Most conservative writers are well aware of terms of service and are careful to stay in bounds.

This issue will be resolved soon as big tech monopolies are investigated for their manipulation and subverting of the first amendment.

The video of mainstream media meltdown in the rose garden following the White House meeting on this issue is quite amusing.   

The First Amendment protects the rights to free speech from oppression by ‘Government’ - it has no bearing at all within privately owned businesses.

“So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad, to me that’s very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it,” said Trump. “But that’s not free speech.”

That is Trumps deranged view of "Trumpism Free speech" in his own words- you must talk good things about him only for it to qualify. 

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Trump threatens NBC's license over 'fake news' report

https://www.cnet.com/news/donald-trump-threatens-nbc-license-fake-news-report/

Trump just stepped up his calls to open up libel laws and weaken First Amendment protections

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-first-amendment-libel-2016-10

That's what's called rhetoric. It's not real. It has no basis in fact. Nobody's gonna weaken 1st Amendment protections, least of all Trump. His supporters count on the 1st Amendment to protect them from the ramifications of the bullshit they spew.

Archived