Trump rips tech firms at 'free speech' summit

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The First Amendment protects the rights to free speech from oppression by ‘Government’ - it has no bearing at all within privately owned businesses.

Normally I would agree,  but in this case we are dealing with a monopoly that controls many facets of the marketplace of ideas, google, youtube, PayPal, patreon are all connected and work together to control information and promote the deep state narrative.   The precedence  has been set by the breaking up of monopoly businesses in the past,  Bell Telephone is a good example.  Change is in in the air, liberty will prevail, sorry Antifa.

21 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I thought that was what the American investigative press should have done. As I mentioned in a previous post my only objection is that it was not done to the Republicans as well.  I am a fan of transparency.

How do you reconcile that with "The Russians played no part despite the Press..."

Trump rips tech firms after . . .

Giving them massive tax breaks

Feeding them low interest rates

Allowing them monopoly power over entire sectors of the economy

Enhancing once illegal stock buybacks in order to goose his "precious," the stock market.

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Normally I would agree,  but in this case we are dealing with a monopoly that controls many facets of the marketplace of ideas, google, youtube, PayPal, patreon are all connected and work together to control information and promote the deep state narrative.   The precedence  has been set by the breaking up of monopoly businesses in the past,  Bell Telephone is a good example.  Change is in in the air, liberty will prevail, sorry Antifa.

It's remarkable. 

Overnight Republicans are signing up to Elizabeth Warren's proposals to break up 'Big Tech'.

My enemy's enemy and all that. 

7 hours ago, expatfromwyoming said:

And then at this very news conference Trump’s administration had reporters ejected from a conference with supporters following a long speech in which Trump complained about censorship in the media.

You really cannot make this up!!!!!

Well of course, freedom extends only those who support us. think back to 1935 European Politics.

With Trump there is no coherent policy. There is one policy that emerges from the chaos — the kind from an egotistical con man who has one principle: Me! It follows that any treaty or agreement reached by predecessors is the worst deal in history, which will be replaced by the Greatest Deal in History negotiated by the most accomplished deal-maker of all time and greatest American president. Similarly, any other action carried out in the past was misguided and harmed America, but will be corrected by the “stable genius” now in charge of defending America from those who are cheating and assaulting it on all sides.

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed.  Please stay on this topic which is about:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump welcomed prominent conservative social media provocateurs to the White House on Thursday and said that along with himself, they are being treated unfairly by big tech firms, which he says suppress conservative voices.

Archived