Recommended volunteer opportunities with visa coverage?

davidupatterson

Hey all, 

My partner and I are interested in doing some volunteer work over the course of the next year, especially if they're willing to help us with a volunteer visa (I understand there is still a fee involved). 

Does anyone have a recommendations for a volunteer organization they've had a positive experience with? We're particular interested in farming and animal care opportunities, but are open to other options as well. 

Thanks for your help!

Dave

This used to be easy for places to do, in fact many consuls used to accept pretty much any letter from a Thai nominee inviting it, now it would seem to require to come from properly registered charities.. Then in turn a work permit is legally required, which again is all a problem and time cost, which these charities dont have to spare or the desire to do. I suspect it is still done in some places, but as your finding its getting much harder. 

I noted recently a lot of these places have morphed into doing 'training courses' for which no work permit is needed, I saw that care for dogs seemed to have gone this way so that would enable volunteer work, but probably without a ED visa or any benefit. 

Archived