Internet Provider

stament

Searched a few threads but alas they were quite old.

Interested in finding out what the best provider and package/cost would be in Chiang Mai (near Promenada).

Don't need anything too fast guessing 20mb or 50mb would suffice.

Thanks 

Generally, no complaints from my 3BB service in Padaed [near you south side of CM] 1300 Bht pm. Fast and only occasionally overwhelmed by users.

I am looking for a FREE decent streaming or TV servIce to give me BBC and ITV UK for the rugby season.  Easyview used to be OK but now is useless

very happy not so far from Promenada with Sinet. 50mb+, had good service on the few occasions necessary in the past.

In year 3 of annual contracts, get 1 month free for paying annually, and allowed to switch off and extend when we are away. Perfect. 

No recent outtages and when there are they tend to get fixed fast, and they send sms on the very few occasions they have early a.m outtage for maintenance.

You might go to Central Festival and visit all the providers one after another asking about service to your specific address and about their programs.   Based on what you see here so far and other posts I have seen over time, all the providers seem to be pretty much the same.   Competition forces them to be.

3bb here for the last 4 years, never an issue, net goes down maybe once every few months for an hour or so, 

Power goes down more often, so we have a UPS so at least we got net while waiting for the power to come back, 

Pretty much all providers are the same,

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, kmw said:

3bb here for the last 4 years, never an issue, net goes down maybe once every few months for an hour or so, 

Power goes down more often, so we have a UPS so at least we got net while waiting for the power to come back, 

Pretty much all providers are the same,

Been with them for quite a few years .Recently got fibre installed at no cost.Took nearly 2 mths for them to get out to do it so guess their "free up grade"promotion has been successful.Marginal improvement in speed ,no drama, personal use only

On 7/12/2019 at 5:10 AM, kmw said:

Power goes down more often, so we have a UPS so at least we got net while waiting for the power to come back

May I ask what UPS you're using? The one I'm using (Zircon) only keeps the power on for a couple of minutes.

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The one I'm using (Zircon) only keeps the power on for a couple of minutes.

If it's more than a couple of years old it probably needs new batteries, an easy and cheap DIY job.

Most consumer UPSs are good for 5-10 minutes at their rated load, runtime is of course longer when the load is reduced.

We have UPSs of assorted types, mostly cheapo "no name" units which I got as "refurbished" in Zeer Rangsit, they've all had new batteries over the years.

My work machine and the NAS server as well as the main internet router are on an APC UPS (it too has had batteries). They don't get a hard life as they mostly just have to bridge the 30 seconds or so whilst the genset starts and shut the PCs down if it doesn't.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:58 AM, peterpop said:

Generally, no complaints from my 3BB service in Padaed [near you south side of CM] 1300 Bht pm. Fast and only occasionally overwhelmed by users.

I am looking for a FREE decent streaming or TV servIce to give me BBC and ITV UK for the rugby season.  Easyview used to be OK but now is useless

Pm sent yesterday.

23 hours ago, Vacuum said:

May I ask what UPS you're using? The one I'm using (Zircon) only keeps the power on for a couple of minutes.

We got a syndome he3000 cost about 30k thb bought a few years ago, last a few hours if just have the fibre router and another router connected to it, but depends on load, if I have my PC plugged into it along with 6 screens it only last about 30 minutes 

Archived