Address sign

bprhodes

I would like to have a simple address sign made with my street number etc. in both English and Thai that I can mount next to my front gait. I’m tired of deliveries not finding me. Can anyone recommend a sign shop in or north of Chiang Mai?

Maybe just buy adhesive-backed numbers and letters at home improvement or department stores.

Or do what I just did on your behalf: Internet search "address signs in Chiang Mai". Several possibilities popped up on my search.

Maybe just buy adhesive-backed numbers and letters at home improvement or department stores.

Or do what I just did on your behalf: Internet search "address signs in Chiang Mai". Several possibilities popped up on my search.

Thanks but I want something more stylish than stick on letters. And I have already googled, but would like a recommendation.

You could get the wooden tree slice and have the pre cut wood letters fixed. All stained and made up for you. Loads of places in Ban Tawai offering the service, even around the big box stores you can find them.

Better still, diy, buy the wooden letter for 3bt, paint them and stain up some old wood. easy little project which would be very satisfying.

I did one myself for one reason......to have that important photo for the immigration to see where I live.

I put these teak numbers on my front gate... I bought them from a guy in KSK he had a stall next to the escalator on the bottom floor and he also sells on the Saturday walking street at the Thai end... He has wood planks to glue them too... I just put them right on the concrete with silicone...

20190713_121422.jpg

You will notice that these sign shops are about everywhere once you start looking for them, but usually they just write the Thai word ป้าย on their own sign.

Just put somebody who can read Thai on the back of your bike and drive a bit arround in your neighborhood, there will for sure be shops arround.

Even finding shops which can CNC cut signs out of some composite material - in case you want something fancy - should be easy, because there are many arround:

22 hours ago, bprhodes said:

I’m considering the teak/wood lettering, but I am concerned about how well they will stand up to the elements.

I live in a teak house, and so far so good.

I shouldnt worry too much about 4bt letters.

When deliveries cannot find you are you talking Kerry Express/Lazada or Pizza company/local noodle shop.?

To be avant-garde you could start to add your "what 3 words" address to your written address to make you easier to find. You can choose the Thai or English or. 

Archived