BANGKOK 18 July 2019 07:51
webfact

Tourism yes, work NO!: Big Oud turns back Chinese man at airport!

Tourism yes, work NO!: Big Oud turns back Chinese man at airport!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that Thai Immigration were following the orders of their chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang in stopping people pretending to be tourists coming to work in Thailand.

Now they had turned their attention to the Chinese. 

They said that under the command of Pol Col Thanakrit Buncharoen a Chinese man had been refused a Visa on Arrival at Suvarnabhumi. 

Officers saw that the Chinese man - who was not named - had spent a long time in the past in Thailand. Far too long for the purposes of tourism that should be just 15 days. 

So he was suspected of working and was denied entry based on Article 12 (3).

Big Oud took over from Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn in April after the latter was transferred to a clerical job at the PM's office. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-12

13 minutes ago, dddave said:

The article clearly stated the Chinese person had stayed "a long time in the past."

Thailand has every right, as does every other country to deny entry to those clearly using tourist visas for extended residency.

gggood gggolly dddave. How do you know this? I know many o people who come quite often and stay 2-3 weeks at a time. They are only tourists.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

gggood gggolly dddave. How do you know this? I know man o people who come quite often and stay 2-3 weeks at a time. They are only tourists.

Well thats true. Years ago I got my long service leave and took the option of visiting thailand for 3 weeks, then home for a few weeks, then repeat a few times.

Could not do that now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The translation from Thaivisa is wrong. I always wonder if Thaivisa just uses Google translate instead of employing somebody who could deliver a proper translation.

This sentence is made up from Thaivisa:

The Thai article just says that the Chinese man stayed a long time in Thailand before and did not meet the criteria to be allowed entry into Thailand. They suspect that he is working because he spent more time in Thailand than what would be reasonable for a tourist.

Then below this they mention which laws cover this, and also which law / rules cover the visa on arrival which he used, and here they basically say that a visa on arrival allows a stay of 15 days.

This should be a wake up call along with a couple of other threads about refusal on this forum, that the days of multiple tourist visa extensions is ending. Staying long term on tourist visa just became more risky.

No ill intent to anyone, it just stating the evidence so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well thats true. Years ago I got my long service leave and took the option of visiting thailand for 3 weeks, then home for a few weeks, then repeat a few times.

Could not do that now.

Exactly. Some people travel and like to travel and have fun here. It is fun to be here plain and simple. 

• Like 2