BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:07
webfact

Tourism yes, work NO!: Big Oud turns back Chinese man at airport!

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Having your bank accounts history audited is a bit too much when you merely want to go on holiday for a few months.

I don't know what they're thinking but there's something wrong with the brains that thought up the conditions to the METV visa - it's retarded. 

The requirements vary by country, the only requirement which exists in every country is a certain amount of money on a bank account. Any additional requirements were most likely set by the ambassador / embassy staff in the respective country, so you know where to complain.

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dddave said:

The article clearly stated the Chinese person had stayed "a long time in the past."

No, it  didn't it  didn't  state HOW  LONG , this is like a  witness  saying "he was  speeding" when they have no knowledge of the true  speed.

11 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well thats true. Years ago I got my long service leave and took the option of visiting thailand for 3 weeks, then home for a few weeks, then repeat a few times.

Could not do that now.

Hmm,  wonder  why  tourist  resorts  have  less  western  foreigners  now....cue grinding  cogs going  round noise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

The guy was not a tourist.

according  to  immigration

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

it's retarded.

normal

21 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So anyone as a repeat come again traveling person who spent more than 15 days here prior is going to be looked at as working? OMG!

Only if they can prove they are tourists & not coming here to do some sort of business activity.

Obviously he's spent a lot f time here in the past and is becoming suspicious!

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Hog wash.

Oh! They contribute to themselves not others.

7 hours ago, LongTang said:

Not really, now if you want to stay for a few month then you have to worry about the TM30 curse.

Did the landlord\hotel report me? Can i believe them if they say they did?(mine told me he did when he didn't), Is the local IO requires me to report again if i travel around? Can i trust the IO answer, maybe a different IO will say the opposite when i arrive ?

The unfortunate and amazing truth is that now you can only really relax when arriving back to your home country..

Bon Voyage

Not really, now if you want to stay for a few month then you have to worry about the TM30 curse.

Did the landlord\hotel report me? Can i believe them if they say they did?(mine told me he did when he didn't), Is the local IO requires me to report again if i travel around? Can i trust the IO answer, maybe a different IO will say the opposite when i arrive ?

The unfortunate and amazing truth is that now you can only really relax when arriving back to your home country..

Good grief. Do people really stress out about such minor inconveniences like a TM30?!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

I know people who come here every year for the winter, strict 90 day limit as they will no longer 'do a border run' so they can stay for 4 months over the entire winter back home......

I also know a family who have just done that came here for the winter months this time he put his villa up for sale and sold it how lucky was that? He says he's never coming back so that's 8 million plus on it's way to where ever, Not Thailand.

10 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Where do you come up with this stuff?? The typical long-stayer (digital nomad or just has money) on tourist visas is under 50's and more active (read: spending) than retirees. Everyone I know in this situation is renting a nice condo, spends a lot of money in restaurants and bars and clubs, and generally spends much more than your average retiree and Non-B/WP folks.

Not for what I see. One is here legally the other not. Working requires a work permit and the correct visa. 

They might contribute to the Pattaya soi whatever economy or make money posing for yaga pictures. No requirements for money in the bank so they don't have any roots if things go south. They feel entitled so they can do as they please.

The same argument is used for those who stream across the  US southern boarder. Many countries in EC, UK and North America have much more strict immigration rules.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Not for what I see. One is here legally the other not. Working requires a work permit and the correct visa. 

They might contribute to the Pattaya soi whatever economy or make money posing for yaga pictures. No requirements for money in the bank so they don't have any roots if things go south. They feel entitled so they can do as they please.

The same argument is used for those who stream across the  US southern boarder. Many countries in EC, UK and North America have much more strict immigration rules.  

When Mexicans etc start turning up with $240000 on them to show maybe they would be more  willing to let them enter. Lets  see Thai avg wage lets  call it 12k x 12 =144k Falang have to show 800k, American avg salary?  dunno lets  say $40000 so if Mexicans  just show  6 x that they can come and stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1