BANGKOK 24 July 2019 01:20
webfact

Tourism yes, work NO!: Big Oud turns back Chinese man at airport!

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, DonDoRondo said:

Wonder when they'll begin going after the " digital nomads ".  

They already did. Why do you think I have an elite visa 😒.

For all I care I don’t even hide i work online nowadays. If they kick me out whatever. I can buy residence in another country any time I want and most of my money is invested in stocks offshore. Regardless bit borred here in bkk now that I stayed for 3 years. I keep traveling to nearby countries every month for holidays while working. So yeah my purpose of visit to everywhere I go is holidays and not lying in that aspect, but I still run my investments, business and job while on my laptop or phone, often even inside airplane, sometimes even at the club lol. Dancing and making money at same time is great. 

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Drax said:

They already did. Why do you think I have an elite visa 😒.

For all I care I don’t even hide i work online nowadays. If they kick me out whatever. I can buy residence in another country any time I want and most of my money is invested in stocks offshore. Regardless bit borred here in bkk now that I stayed for 3 years. I keep traveling to nearby countries every month for holidays while working. So yeah my purpose of visit to everywhere I go is holidays and not lying in that aspect, but I still run my investments, business and job while on my laptop or phone, often even inside airplane, sometimes even at the club lol. Dancing and making money at same time is great. 

My point has been with staying long term on a short term tourist visa. It's less than truthful and requires frequent in/out to neighboring countries. I guess many such visitors are making money on-line.  The big thing with me is they aren't tourist and should apply for appropriate visas to stay. You seem to have done it the right way.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, SteveK said:

Maybe instead of desperately trying to refuse entry or to deport anyone who isn't Thai and doesn't have the correct visa, maybe they could introduce two new types of visa to entice international travelers and boost "tourism" income. One for digital nomads, and one for sex travelers. I would wager that in many cases even removing someone who is working illegally would be harmful to the country's economy, and removing a rampant sex-pat would cause lots and lots of sick buffaloes to go without their crucial medicine injections.

I would also bet that it's mostly the dodgy guys without proper visas who spend the most on nocturnal female companionship and local pharmaceuticals, so they could forget visas entirely - just show $2000 cash at the airport and you're in, any less and you're going back mate. Simple. Get rid of all the dumb rules that even the Thai immigration don't understand. Instead of 90-day reporting just turn up to immigration every six months with a wad of thousand baht notes to show that you are either solvent or can get money when you need it.

I've already got a drawer full of paperwork in my bedroom, it's ridiculous.

Shut up with your common sense

• Like 1