Information needed re. Health check for Australian Partner Visa application

Hi all,

i am in the process of applying for a partner visa for my Thai wife. I’ve submitted the initial application and it’s come back with a request for a health check. Has anyone recently been through this part of the process recently?

A couple of questions I have are which of the nominated hospitals you have used in Bangkok 

one being BANGKOK GENERAL HOSPITAL - New Perchburi Road

other BANGKOK NURSING HOME HOSPITAL (BNH) - Convent Road Silom

Also, any idea of cost ?

And are the results emailed directly to Australian Immigration or posted to the applicant ?

if you see the attachment, this is a drop box where details of the health check are uploaded, confusing.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT A HAS STATEMENT IS ?

Thanks for any help

5F258C71-85F2-4505-9E53-4D50F4807F9E.jpeg

46 minutes ago, rosst said:

I know it will test the health of your bank account spouse visa ridiculously expensive and one to two years, nice of them to treat us so well 

Yep, the price of the spouse visa is expensive but the benefits (of PR) are well worth it.

Just did this for normal tourist visa. Don’t recall that drop down menu so it might be different - or it might be for the doc the fill out (?)

all results went directly to aus government and not sent to applicant. My tgf could do this in any approved clinic / hospital - anywhere - not just in Thailand. 

It wasn’t particularly cheap - however she did get a 3 year tourist visa instead of the usual 1 year so we were happy about that. From memory it was around... B10,000 just for medical. 

They do a urine test - just so you know...

Cost at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital about 3,200 baht, results sent directly to the embassy, you need to download and print the form  to take to  the  hospital from your Immi account, go to health check in the Immi account and you should be able to access the form, it has all the details of your spouse plus a bar code ect. 

Also, i called the aus section directly in Australia to make sure all my questions were answered. It’s the only way to be sure. They don’t email unfortunately - so any issues it will be your word against theirs. But no reason why they wouldn’t tell you the truth. Just get ready with the questions and to write it all down.

You will have to do both, that is form 160 and form 26.

One is for chest Xray tuberculous, radiographer.

The other is a standard medical check by a doctor.

Don't know what EH is for, the checks we had to do did not have that notation.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Better go to the immigration website, there they have a checklist of all the documentation you will need.

46 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

It wasn’t particularly cheap - however she did get a 3 year tourist visa instead of the usual 1 year so we were happy about that. From memory it was around... B10,000 just for medical.

Interesting to read that you got a 3 year TV (600?) instead of the usual 1 year as my wife has never been offered more than 3 months. However we did get a multi entry this year (3rd visa) but still 3 month maximum on any visit. Would like to know what you told them.

She has never had to do a medical although she must have got a newbie at the embassy who asked for everything. As the nearest hospital was 400km away they waived the medical and other requests after an email explaining the difficulty.

took a wife and 3 kids back to aus, got really involved with the thai culture in aus, and i stll am, under no circumstances take a thai to aus, it just does not work out, and i can give you numbers, as soon as they work out there rights, your in trouble, and they will not leave aus, so many friends now stuffed in aus by there thai wifes, DO NOT TAKE A THASI TO AUS< IT DOES NOT WORK, stay here and you will be happy, beleive me i know what i have seen , and are now being part of, DO NOT DO IT ! ps and i am loaded , just do not do it 

14 hours ago, stropper said:

took a wife and 3 kids back to aus, got really involved with the thai culture in aus, and i stll am, under no circumstances take a thai to aus, it just does not work out, and i can give you numbers, as soon as they work out there rights, your in trouble, and they will not leave aus, so many friends now stuffed in aus by there thai wifes, DO NOT TAKE A THASI TO AUS< IT DOES NOT WORK, stay here and you will be happy, beleive me i know what i have seen , and are now being part of, DO NOT DO IT ! ps and i am loaded , just do not do it 

Personally, I think if you can't take your spouse to your home country to live, you've probably got the wrong partner.

Thanks for your help. Thanks Ray and Millymoo, that’s sounds spot on. I rang the lady at Bangkok hospital, 4800 thb for Permanent VISA. Looking at the forms yes it’s all sent directly to immigration.

Still can’t work out what a HAS statement is.

i know they will want a Royal Thai Police Check done in Bangkok but from what I see they haven’t requested it yet. Bit of an inconvenience as I could have done it all at the same time as we have to fly etc. to Bangkok 

Just a random thought. I believe VHS handle OZ visas. Would they perhaps have information on hosps & costs? 

For a UK visa for my wife (it was 2008) there was only one allowed hospital in BKK. They did TB, bloods and HIV. 

P. 

18 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

however she did get a 3 year tourist visa instead of the usual 1 year so we were happy about that

The Australian government are now issuing 1-year M/E tourist visas to all first applicants and 3-year M/E tourist visas to all those who behaved themselves (ie. complied with all the visa conditions) during the initial 1-year visa. I've had a number of Thai friends who've been "rewarded" in this way

17 hours ago, stropper said:

I can report the reverse, but I'm familiar only with Sydney. There is a thriving local Thai culture in Sydney, lots of international students and many Thais who have successfully started businesses. Many of those who decided they would sell up and return to Thailand having made good go running back to Sydney after 12 to 18 months, finding dealing with the Thai government and bureaucracy too much to bear (indeed, they all realise per stropper's comment that being in Australia is a far, far better place to be than in Thailand). I know a number of Thais in relationships with locals that appear to be happy and stable, and the heterosexual ones have children who attend local schools successfully. I haven't seen any Australian guys with Thai wives or boyfriends who feel that they've been ripped off, financially or emotionally. Doubtless they exist, but to say everyone is in that situation is an exaggeration

On 7/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, stropper said:

I don’t know how you can make such an all encompassing statement as above.

Its unfortunate that it didn’t work for you but I had no problem and neither did several other Australians with Thai wives we met over the years.

The benefit for my wife was that she obtained citizenship and a passport and now it makes it so easy to travel without the need for visas.

Although she is degree educated the years she spent there gave her a lot more experience in another culture and now I am retired in Thailand the experience has helped her run two successful businesses and other investments.

Archived