Grand Opening of Riviera Jomtien to be star-studded affair

Rimmer

Grand Opening of Riviera Jomtien to be star-studded affair

1354-n3-7.jpg

PATTAYA:--In preparation for the Grand Opening, the Riviera Group took the wraps off their new Riviera Jomtien project at a news conference and site visit last week.

The Riviera Jomtien is a five-star luxury condominium development located on more than six rai of land on Jomtien Second Road between Sois 13 and 14.

It features 1,075 rooms and 23 commercial units. Of the residential units, 275 are studios, 730 one-bedroom, 63 two-bedroom and four are duplexes. About 30 percent of the property is reserved for parking.

Ubonjitr Thamchop (Min) Marketing Manager (Riviera Group) informed the press corps that the condo faces Jomtien Second Road making it very convenient to access Sukhumvit Road and the beauty of it all is that 80 percent of the units have a view of the sea.

Common-area facilities include four swimming pools, fitness center, sauna, steam room, children’s playground and garden. “The beach is only a two-minute walk away,” she said.

Min went on to inform the guests that the first units will be available at the end of this month and that 87 percent of the project has already been sold.

Prices for the units start at 2.8m baht and the luxury duplexes cost around 35m baht.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/grand-opening-of-riviera-jomtien-to-be-star-studded-affair-259134

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-12—

this write up does not tell readers THAT they are unfurnished....only having kitchen and aircons !!!!!!!!!

I know as I made an enquiry many weeks ago !!!

also units are very very expensive

I visited developer's office today to see what they still have available in Foreign ownership. The cheapest Studio (33 sq.m) starts from 4,718,736 Baht and One-bedroom (34.90 sq.m) from 5,001,100 Baht.  someone is telling porkies in the write up as you can see from the info I have provided also maintainence fees are 16k per year

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

87 percent of the project has already been sold.

An opening of a condo project is still news here? 

With the expensive baht and other restrictive developments I bet a second hand one would be a better deal.  

1 hour ago, kiniyow said:

View Talay 8 is only half sold and over 5 Yrs old yet we are to believe this is already 87% sold out?

View Talay units are sold as shells by the developer. This is no longer a very popular way of buying and most people these days seem to prefer units that are at least finished if not furnished.

Finishing a shell can be very expensive and tedious here, though of course you do end up with something that entirely suits your own tastes. It will probably also be of higher quality, if you have paid attention to what is done.

The availability of credit may also be a factor.

13 hours ago, essox essox said:

this write up does not tell readers THAT they are unfurnished....only having kitchen and aircons !!!!!!!!!

I know as I made an enquiry many weeks ago !!!

also units are very very expensive

I visited developer's office today to see what they still have available in Foreign ownership. The cheapest Studio (33 sq.m) starts from 4,718,736 Baht and One-bedroom (34.90 sq.m) from 5,001,100 Baht.  someone is telling porkies in the write up as you can see from the info I have provided also maintainence fees are 16k per year

Well all those 5 star facilities cost money so 16k (+500$) isn't too bad and you might even see a Thai superstar using them.

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Common-area facilities include four swimming pools, fitness center, sauna, steam room, children’s playground and garden. “The beach is only a two-minute walk away,” she said.

Beach two minute walk..?? really, they must walk very very quickly

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Do their units cone with a no sea-view block warranty?

would not think so....they build as high as they want .....where they want....and not bother about any blockage of sea views....the so called copacabana on beach road Jomtien (which has not started to be built YET) is suppose to 59 floors high!!!

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

View Talay units are sold as shells by the developer. This is no longer a very popular way of buying and most people these days seem to prefer units that are at least finished if not furnished.

Finishing a shell can be very expensive and tedious here, though of course you do end up with something that entirely suits your own tastes. It will probably also be of higher quality, if you have paid attention to what is done.

The availability of credit may also be a factor.

i understand that after many years View Talay 5 STILL HAS MANY condos for sale/rent.....do not know if fully furnished....

11 hours ago, kiniyow said:

View Talay 8 is only half sold and over 5 Yrs old yet we are to believe this is already 87% sold out?

if 87 % are already sold (supposedly) does this mean WE ALL should rush to buy any of the remaining 13%....??? DO NOT THINK SO....I drove past yersterday and WORK was still ongoing to the base units facing second road !!!

11 hours ago, kiniyow said:

Hipflat states VT8 was built in 2010. I saw on FB today a 42 M2 studio for ฿8,500 a month @ VT2. Never seen so cheap before there. Hard to believe all these condos coming on the market.

11 minutes ago, pegman said:

Hipflat states VT8 was built in 2010. I saw on FB today a 42 M2 studio for ฿8,500 a month @ VT2. Never seen so cheap before there. Hard to believe all these condos coming on the market.

Unfortunately, many of the new condo projects coming on the market become instant illegal hotels the minute they open.  Being new projects, buyers, many Chinese, can easily buy 10, 20, or 30 units or more from the developer without having to negotiate with individual owners in older projects.  And, to make any real money, you need to rent out multiple illegal units, not just 1 or 2.

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Unfortunately, many of the new condo projects coming on the market become instant illegal hotels the minute they open.  Being new projects, buyers, many Chinese, can easily buy 10, 20, or 30 units or more from the developer without having to negotiate with individual owners in older projects.  And, to make any real money, you need to rent out multiple illegal units, not just 1 or 2.

I was told that only 3 units can be purchased by Farangs...could be wrong as things here change quickly. I was told this 4 years ago.....

4 hours ago, newnative said:

You miss his point that seafront units of 42 sqm go on market for 8500 MONTHLY.

Instead u whining illegal units.??

32 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

You miss his point that seafront units of 42 sqm go on market for 8500 MONTHLY.

Instead u whining illegal units.??

View Talay 2 is sea-view, not sea-front.

But there can be no doubt that rental asking prices have dropped significantly in just about every building over the last couple of years. And with more buildings coming the trend is likely to be downwards.

27 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

View Talay 2 is sea-view, not sea-front.

But there can be no doubt that rental asking prices have dropped significantly in just about every building over the last couple of years. And with more buildings coming the trend is likely to be downwards.

Yes that correct vt2  its not seafront but its sea view.

problem is less visitors coming and more units are being built released so go figure what happens with rents and resale values.

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

I was told that only 3 units can be purchased by Farangs...could be wrong as things here change quickly. I was told this 4 years ago.....

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

There isn't a law limiting the number of units a farang can own but a developer could impose a limit--and I wish they all did.  3 units sounds good.  

12 hours ago, pegman said:

I can confirm that .....I  live in one !

Archived