BANGKOK 18 July 2019 07:51
Rimmer

Grand Opening of Riviera Jomtien to be star-studded affair

11 hours ago, kiniyow said:

View Talay 8 is only half sold and over 5 Yrs old yet we are to believe this is already 87% sold out?

if 87 % are already sold (supposedly) does this mean WE ALL should rush to buy any of the remaining 13%....??? DO NOT THINK SO....I drove past yersterday and WORK was still ongoing to the base units facing second road !!!

11 hours ago, kiniyow said:

View Talay 8 is only half sold and over 5 Yrs old yet we are to believe this is already 87% sold out?

Hipflat states VT8 was built in 2010. I saw on FB today a 42 M2 studio for ฿8,500 a month @ VT2. Never seen so cheap before there. Hard to believe all these condos coming on the market.

11 minutes ago, pegman said:

Hipflat states VT8 was built in 2010. I saw on FB today a 42 M2 studio for ฿8,500 a month @ VT2. Never seen so cheap before there. Hard to believe all these condos coming on the market.

Unfortunately, many of the new condo projects coming on the market become instant illegal hotels the minute they open.  Being new projects, buyers, many Chinese, can easily buy 10, 20, or 30 units or more from the developer without having to negotiate with individual owners in older projects.  And, to make any real money, you need to rent out multiple illegal units, not just 1 or 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

Unfortunately, many of the new condo projects coming on the market become instant illegal hotels the minute they open.  Being new projects, buyers, many Chinese, can easily buy 10, 20, or 30 units or more from the developer without having to negotiate with individual owners in older projects.  And, to make any real money, you need to rent out multiple illegal units, not just 1 or 2.

I was told that only 3 units can be purchased by Farangs...could be wrong as things here change quickly. I was told this 4 years ago.....

4 hours ago, newnative said:

You miss his point that seafront units of 42 sqm go on market for 8500 MONTHLY.

Instead u whining illegal units.??

32 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

You miss his point that seafront units of 42 sqm go on market for 8500 MONTHLY.

Instead u whining illegal units.??

View Talay 2 is sea-view, not sea-front.

But there can be no doubt that rental asking prices have dropped significantly in just about every building over the last couple of years. And with more buildings coming the trend is likely to be downwards.

27 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

View Talay 2 is sea-view, not sea-front.

But there can be no doubt that rental asking prices have dropped significantly in just about every building over the last couple of years. And with more buildings coming the trend is likely to be downwards.

Yes that correct vt2  its not seafront but its sea view.

problem is less visitors coming and more units are being built released so go figure what happens with rents and resale values.

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

I was told that only 3 units can be purchased by Farangs...could be wrong as things here change quickly. I was told this 4 years ago.....

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

There isn't a law limiting the number of units a farang can own but a developer could impose a limit--and I wish they all did.  3 units sounds good.  

12 hours ago, pegman said:

I can confirm that .....I  live in one !