Work begins to revive Yim Yom Beach

Rimmer

Work begins to revive Yim Yom Beach

n3-J-04-05-Yin-Yom-beach.jpg

PATTAYA:--Renovation work at Yim Yom Beach has begun as promised earlier this week.

Pattaya maintenance chief Puttiset Charoenpoj and Narong Kunpakdee of the Environment Department oversaw work crews who used heavy machinery to adjust the surface of the sand by creating a 20-meter slope across the entire beachfront.

In addition, a basket truck was brought in so workers could prune trees.

The last time Pattaya made a serious effort at beautifying the small and often neglected beach was August 2018 when it removed rubble and debris left behind by the military when it demolished encroaching buildings illegally erected there.

Since then Yim Yom has been battered by storms, become a campground for homeless people and an ad hoc garbage dumpsite.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/work-begins-to-revive-yim-yom-beach-258943

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-12—

On 7/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, Isaan sailor said:

World class beach—at world class prices...

And your comment is world class? Its not really positive or constructive is it? Its just recycled cynicism about municipal aspirations. I find these comments rather unoriginal and cliched and not very useful. I applaud the authorities attempting to improve this beach. There is no such thing as 'world class' but one thing for sure: Pattaya is the last international,  cosmopolitan city in Thailand. Its unique.

45 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Pattaya is the last international,  cosmopolitan city in Thailand. Its unique.

IT IS unique, that is certain. Cosmopolitan, international you speak of it as if it were Monaco. It's an outdoor toilet full of miscreants and rabble both from here and abroad. A city of misfits bereft of culture or even civility. It's reputation so poor that in proper Thai company smart people would never admit to stepping foot in the dump let alone living there.

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

IT IS unique, that is certain. Cosmopolitan, international you speak of it as if it were Monaco. It's an outdoor toilet full of miscreants and rabble both from here and abroad. A city of misfits bereft of culture or even civility. It's reputation so poor that in proper Thai company smart people would never admit to stepping foot in the dump let alone living there.

You could say the same thing about london. Pattaya is a vibrant, booming town. But if you dont like it I do understand so leave it for a place you like more. Plenty of major Thai companies are ensconced here and their workers dont carry your prejudices. You are judging based on western Cultural values...and seem to have no real knowledge...just prejudice.....Plenty of 'proper Thais ' live here. You don't and you have no understanding of Asia and I suspect the fault lines in your own country. Where are you from which is without sin? How long have you lived in Thailand. How long have you lived in Pattaya? Which paradise do you hail from? Good luck. I wish you happiness.  I dont think you have anything to contribute to this Pattaya forum. Do you?

13 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

You could say the same thing about london. Pattaya is a vibrant, booming town. But if you dont like it I do understand so leave it for a place you like more. Plenty of major Thai companies are ensconced here and their workers dont carry your prejudices. You are judging based on western Cultural values...and seem to have no real knowledge...just prejudice.....Plenty of 'proper Thais ' live here. You don't and you have no understanding of Asia and I suspect the fault lines in your own country. Where are you from which is without sin? How long have you lived in Thailand. How long have you lived in Pattaya? Which paradise do you hail from? Good luck. I wish you happiness.  I dont think you have anything to contribute to this Pattaya forum. Do you?

I've lived in Asia 30 years. Some of those pre 2009 were in Pattaya. I know clearly what that place is and is not and as I had stated - no Thai of any comportment lives there. Even the better doctors shuttle from Bangkok.

I did not enter the sub forum but picked the link at the bottom of the TV page.

I leave you with this...Just another day in paradise. This flows last week's story of a man full of drink and drugs naked in the road.

BTW I'm sure you could say the same thing about London, certainly the East end. Half of Pattaya full of these gents.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111653-video-crazed-machete-wielding-farang-terrifies-neighbours-in-pattaya/

Archived