Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie admits parasite might have been in the juice not the Pad Thai

webfact

Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie admits parasite might have been in the juice not the Pad Thai

44237948_10157335775185961_887366863560900608_n.jpg

Picture: Facebook Stacey Barnes

The Australian man at the center of claims that he and his wife suffered a disastrous illness after consuming Pad Thai at a Phuket Food Court has admitted to Thaivisa that the parasite might not have been in the iconic Thai dish after all.

Ryan Prigg, 39, from Perth told Thaivisa today that he and his partner Stacey Barnes, 32, could have been infected by the juice they had with the Pad Thai.

He has also suggested that plans to come and live in Thailand were shelved when the couple got sick.

Thai officials have been quick to defend one of Thailand's national dishes. They have pointed out that the high temperatures in its preparation make it highly unlikely that the Australians got sick from Pad Thai.

Mr Prigg told Thaivisa in an exclusive interview:

"We weren't sick when we left Australia.  On the day in question, it just happened that we only ate once, at a food court, where we shared Pad Thai and a juice. By that evening we were sick, and the illness remained in a cyclical fashion for next 18 months.

"Maybe it was pad Thai, maybe it was juice, or maybe it started another day asymptomatically - I'm not an infectious diseases expert - but it all began in Thailand".

Mr Prigg suggested that the media spin stories to fit their own biased agenda. Then continued:

"My wife and I ran an online business for many years where we had an open window into our lives. We shared openly on all aspects of who we are and how we made fitness, family, fun and love a regular part of our day.

"We have hundreds of testimonials for the programs we run.

"When we traveled to Thailand, it was with the intention of moving their (sic) long term, since our business was profitable enough for us to do so.  

"I had been to Thailand before and loved it. The culture and especially Muay Thai.  It was a dream we had been building for years.

"In the 18 months that followed we went from living the life of our dreams, to barely being able to function and racking up debt. "Along the way we continued to share our journey. Now, instead of messages of thanks, we got messages from people who had ongoing health issues who had also been diagnosed with a parasite.  

"Channel 7 (Australian TV) asked us to do the story, not the other way around. "We did it because lots of people are told this issue exists only in their head and we wanted people to know to keep looking for a solution."

Mr Prigg denied accusations that the couple were scammers and said that he couldn't give a F### what people thought of him and his partner. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-12

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Mr Prigg denied accusations that the couple were scammers and said that he couldn't give a F### what people thought of him and his partner. 

Apart from you being a right dick, nobody gives a F### about you.

You had your sad attempt at fame, and it backfired !

10 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

What a pair of cretins.

That's harsh. They believed what they ate gave them this bug which obviously they got from somewhere.

I do agree though that they shouldn't be running to the media until they have their facts right.

I don't blame to clueless aussies but the general media who likes to make a big deal out of what the perceive to be a piece of sensational news tarnishing a country or a group of people without waiting to substantiate the facts first, not for nothing the coin phrase "fake news" was invented  a badge of shame that most media outlets richly deserves...

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

it just happened that we only ate once, at a food court, where we shared Pad Thai and a juice

Talk about Cheap Charlies....sharing a Pad Thai & drink, the only meal of the day.

I read they had a profitable business.

Many other food or drink could have given them the parasite infection, Maybe the drank tap water while brushing their teeth?.

To blame it on Pad Thai with no proof it was that is just one made up story.

Just now, wgdanson said:

Talk about Cheap Charlies....sharing a Pad Thai & drink, the only meal of the day.

If you read the interview with them they was far from cheap Charlie's and paid 180 BAHT each and liked it so much they had to go back and get another serving.

It has already been questioned which good court it was that sells pad Thai at 180 BAHT.

36 minutes ago, colinneil said:

By their own admission they had racked up a lot of debt, so they dreamed up this story trying to get money to pay of debts, what a pair of sickos.

I'm not disputing most of what you said but how much did they get paid?

2 minutes ago, nev said:

If you read the interview with them they was far from cheap Charlie's and paid 180 BAHT each and liked it so much they had to go back and get another serving.

It has already been questioned which good court it was that sells pad Thai at 180 BAHT.

Sorry, I missed that bit.

4 minutes ago, nev said:

That e-coli doesn't come cheap you know. Only quality food poisoning used in Thailand.

Is this story trying to the major "beat-up" for 2019, pad Thai, now juice, what's next - water? when that doesn't float their boat they should try "the beer, yes - it was definitely the beer" 

16 minutes ago, faraday said:

So you don't know the answer to my question.

Smashing.

My wife and I ran an online business for many years where we had an open window into our lives. We shared openly on all aspects of who we are and how we made fitness, family, fun and love a regular part of our day.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

My wife and I ran an online business for many years where we had an open window into our lives. We shared openly on all aspects of who we are and how we made fitness, family, fun and love a regular part of our day.

Could readily be abbreviated to "We are <deleted>"

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He has also suggested that plans to come and live in Thailand were shelved when the couple got sick.

Their plans were shelved when they decided to complain and bemoan and make Thailand look bad. They probably would be arrested on arrival if they decided to come again.

Archived