Thaivisa exclusive: Aussie admits parasite might have been in the juice not the Pad Thai

webfact

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Who knows? It could start a trend in 'hysterical dysentery' on a global scale, as people feel they are missing out, if the story gains even more publicity.

This time next year we might be hearing about hystentery, or perhaps dysteria depending on which one sticks. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The couple states they do business on line and were interested in moving to Thailand so they could do their business anywhere (digit nomads).

Sounds like they've been doing their business anywhere they can find a commode. No doubt the medics have conducted a few rectal examinations in the past couple of years, so I guess digit nomad is an appropriate description... 

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

I've seen that happen in Australia many times.... ever gone to McDonalds and the girl is moping the floor and picking up trash then the store gets busy and she rushes behind the counter and starts serving without washing.

Please don't be so blind, they were broke and wanted to sell a good story ….  

I had food poisoning in Australia a few times over the years and my former wife was hospitalized with salmonella many years ago.

I remember my doctor of many years telling me that it is quite common though most cases are not severe and because in NSW it was a notifiable illness they usually write it up as a viral infection.

Though two weeks ago I suffered a mild dose from what I suspect was Khai soi on the way home from Chiang  Mai just part of life.

So they give a F... about what other people are thinking! Wow what a great personality he has. Accusing a whole country for unsafe food and then say this?! What was if we accused all Australian for their alcohol consumption ???? and then give a F... about their reaction? Sorry but he never was credible and now is even less then that.

It is about B 180 pad thai in a food court, for a dish thats B 50 to B 60. Its about the timeframe from when they claim they got infected untill they got sick the first time. The parasite they claim they have will not make you sick within a few hours. They said without doubt it was the pad thai they ate, now its maybe the juice. Due to the long incumbation period of the parasite they could have been infected in Australia or anywhere in the world they went for a week or more. An alternative scenario to their story is as follows: They ate at the food court the pad thai as claimed but they was already infect by bacteria they picked up brushing their teeth that morning with tap water. As they did not drank the correct medication this bacterial infection kept on coming back. Back in Oz they returned to their lives in heaven and ate clean fresh fruit. The only problem was that a previous shopper with dirty hands touched the fruit and infected the fruit with the parasite. The couple didnt wash the fruit as they should and got ill. You see my story is as impossible to verify as theirs. Thats why you must provide facts before making claims like they did.

My gfs dad had the same kind of parasite, took a year to find out what he got (he's a doctor himself)... lost 25kg in the meantime.
Parasites are easy to get, not sure what the disbelieve here is? 

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Respectfully, I don't believe your GFs father was a gastroenterologist and/or a trained parasitologist. Some intestinal protozoa are problematic, I don't believe D fragilis would cause 25kg weight loss in a year or lifetime. However, there are other protozoa that can. 
Generally treatment is very effective if needed.
No he's not, i also never said that.
He didn't suspect that he got a parasite until he did a full checkup due to losing weight.
With the same kind of parasite i didn't mean the exact same species, i have no idea what he got.
He suspects he got it in France as we ate a lot of oysters there and it's very common to get parasites from raw oysters, my stomach also got upset around the same time.

All i was saying is that getting a parasite isn't anything newsworthy, happens all over the world every day, many times.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Archived