"I didn't know it was loaded": Thai man in custody after shooting girlfriend in Chachoengsao

webfact

"I didn't know it was loaded": Thai man in custody after shooting girlfriend in Chachoengsao

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Bang Pakong police were called to an address in Soi Wat Bang Wua, Chachoengsao, after reports that a woman had been shot in the leg. 

Chotirot, 25, was found with a .38 bullet embedded in her thigh. 

Rescue medics fought to staunch the blood before taking her to Chularat 11 Hospital. 

Police arrested her boyfriend Ekkachai Khiawtai, 24, and took a Thai made .38 gun and four bullets found in a wardrobe into evidence.

He told the police that his girlfriend had just come home from work. He was fingering his weapon and had no idea it was loaded. 

Police plan to speak to the girlfriend again as part of their inquiries, reported Thai Rath. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-12

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

Thai people should be IQ tested before getting near a firearm and as already mentioned - this one was likely the home made brand and illegal

Idiot

with a national IQ of 91, none of the police would be allowed to carry a gun

1 minute ago, Farangwithaplan said:

What's the national IQ of your home country? Chances are it is still under 100.

Not under 100 and not relevant since I'm not the one shooting someone in the leg with a gun.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

I didn't know it was loaded

That´s a good excuse for pointing a gun and fire it at somebody. Especially your girlfriend. Now she will love you much more.

58 minutes ago, lupin said:

with a national IQ of 91, none of the police would be allowed to carry a gun

That´s not fresh news. At present time they are actually up in over 99. Not that it says much, but anyway.

Many years ago when I was in the RAF I was only given ammunition at the yearly range firing practice. 30 rounds all to myself.

The guy next to me had a gun stoppage but didn't use the gun stoppage drill.

He started turning around with the rifle in his hands and promptly in severe pain as the range master kicked him in the ribs.

1.   Never Never point a gun at anybody unless you mean to kill them.

2.   Never N ever play with your rifle. It is not a toy but a lethal weapon. 

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s a good excuse for pointing a gun and fire it at somebody. Especially your girlfriend. Now she will love you much more.

That´s not fresh news. At present time they are actually up in over 99. Not that it says much, but anyway.

AFAIK that was a single study done by Thai Government in 2011 and not remotely inline with work rankings or standardized IQ testing methodology

29 minutes ago, lupin said:

AFAIK that was a single study done by Thai Government in 2011 and not remotely inline with work rankings or standardized IQ testing methodology

Yes, but they have done studies later, and that showed a better result on a year by year basis. So, all hope is not gone. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I can only assume by the pixilation that they felt the need to handcuff his todger at the same time for some unknown reason - maybe worried that that was loaded too ?

No, the gun is stuck on his little finger.....????

Years ago I was member of a Dutch fire arms shooting club.

We were DRILLED to check every time you got any fire arm in your hands to check it it was loaded, even when you were nr 3 in a row and have seen with your own eyes the two before checked it already and found unloaded.

"YOU and YOU alone are responsable", was the answer. 

Maybe watched too many US films ? 

3 hours ago, lupin said:

Not under 100 and not relevant since I'm not the one shooting someone in the leg with a gun.

You claimed the police shouldn't carry one because of the national IQ. Based on this data https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html and this https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

There are only a miniroty of countries 100 or over. So based on your assumtion most countries should not allow their police to carry guns.

I never claimed you were the one shooting. What made you think I did?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He told the police that his girlfriend had just come home from work. He was fingering his weapon and had no idea it was loaded. 

Maybe he was talking about his Mutton Gun    ????

6 hours ago, smedly said:

Thai people should be IQ tested before getting near a firearm and as already mentioned.....

Most of them should be IQ tested before they're allowed to leave home, in the mornings!

Archived