PM Prayut: Ministers must serve the nation

webfact

ffd8e496e72066c6d7568dc2abc2d718.jpg

BANGKOK, 12 July 2019 (NNT) - The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has called on all new ministers to serve the people and the nation to the best of their abilities, after His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Phra Vajiraklaochaoyuhua endorsed the cabinet on Wednesday (July 10).

The Bhumjaithai Party leader, Anutin Charnvirakul, who is now the Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister, said it is a great honor for him to be appointed and he will work for the people of Thailand as best he can. He added that he is familiar with executives of the ministry and understands its work. The new minister also urged civil servants at the ministry to help ensure the implementation of the policies of his party.

The Labor Minister, M.R. Chatumongol Sonakul, expressed confidence that he is capable of performing his new role despite changes in the previous cabinet line-up, in which he was rumored to be the Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office. M.R. Chatumongol said he used to sit in a labor committee and promised to work in accordance with the government’s policy.

The Deputy Minister of Education, Khunying Kalaya Sophonpanich, said today she is ready to perform the duties assigned to her by the Prime Minister and the Education Minister. Khunying Kalaya’s education policy seeks to help students in Thailand study at least two languages.

The Deputy Minister of Transport, Atirat Rattanaset, who is the youngest minister of the new cabinet at the age of 35, said it is a great honor for him and thanked the Prime Minister for trusting him to be a part of the administration. He vowed to use his decades-long experience as a civil servant and member of parliament to perform his new role to the best of his ability. Mr. Atirat confirmed that he will continue the policy of the previous government, saying however, that the new policy still needs clarity.

The Deputy Government Spokesman, Lt. Gen. Werachon Sukondhapatipak, says the Prime Minister stressed today that all ministers must do their best to work together for peace and happiness in the country. The Prime Minister wants them to urgently move Thailand forward in every respect despite obstacles.

Gen. Prayut also called on people to have confidence in the new government and give it a chance to work. He stressed that this government is the government of all Thai people with a mission to work in their best interests.

The 36-member Cabinet consists of ministers from six coalition parties, including Palang Pracharath, Democrat, Bhumjaithai, Chart Pattana, Ruam Palang Prachachart Thai, and Chart Thai Pattana. Six cabinet ministers are non-political party members, while the other 10 coalition parties have no minister in this cabinet.

Regarding the Palang Pracharath Party’s minimum wage policy, the party has already confirmed that a minimum wage increase to 400 to 425 baht per day, will be in the government’s policy statement.

nnt.jpg

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

Gen. Prayut also called on people to have confidence in the new government and give it a chance to work. He stressed that this government is the government of all Thai people with a mission to work in their best interests

said with the smarmy cheesy grin that only he possesses .. 

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

PM Prayut: Ministers must serve the nation...

None of these so-called "Ministers" got into this corrupt charade to serve the ‘nation’ or the ‘people’ or anyone else. Quite simply, they’re where they are to serve themselves and make off with as much money as possible as quickly as possible. That’s not going to change any time soon.

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

Well that's a relief, I'm so glad they won't be pillaging the national coffers for personal gain...…. When are the Chinese submarines arriving?

I see ol' fatty's got something going on with his sleeve.. can't be more watches up there surely?

The other bloke on his right - yes him, seems to have a few odd creases on the front of his trews....

Wonder just what he's been doing...?

Common decency, & a blow from a ban hammer, prevent me from making a vile suggestion. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has called on all new ministers to serve the people and the nation to the best of their abilities

Yes, there we have it! The court proof excuse: My abilities was not better, which proof I did nothing wrong.

He stressed that this government is the government of all Thai people with a mission to work in their best interests.

Now this I really had to laugh at pretty hard. Who is he trying to kid?

Regarding the Palang Pracharath Party’s minimum wage policy, the party has already confirmed that a minimum wage increase to 400 to 425 baht per day, will be in the government’s policy statement

Now their first real policy is essentially spinning Thailand on a death march. I can see the companies moving out as I write this. It will effectively raise the prices for all Thai and foreigners on all products in all areas and will create a vacuum of more debt.

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

None of these so-called "Ministers" got into this corrupt charade to serve the ‘nation’ or the ‘people’ or anyone else. Quite simply, they’re where they are to serve themselves and make off with as much money as possible as quickly as possible. That’s not going to change any time soon.

unfortunately, we have the same, in worse, in France;
I often make this comparison between the two countries and I notice that the corruption of the French elites is much more important than that of the Thai elites.
There is not even a photo, as they say :crying:

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Exactly. 

Look at the 'government'. 98% Chinese Thai. 

Nuff said! 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The new minister also urged civil servants at the ministry to help ensure the implementation of the policies of his party.

In a Communist government civil servants pledge an oath to the Communist Party and serve its policies.

Not in a democracy where civil servants are supposed to be apolitical.

Yes civil service will serve the policies of the appointed head of the ministry in a parliamentary system because of the civil service chain of command and not because of politics.

But we have seen over the last five years of the junta government preceded by a year of anti-government protests by pro-military factions impress politicalization of the civil service as effectively an outreach political organization to support pro-military policies.

Dear Mr PM, if you lead from the front and practiced what you preached, then maybe just maybe people would believe you, sadly your last 5 year track record has shown  remarkable failings in doing what you stated you would do. 

So tell people to work for the best interests of the nation, please look in a mirror . 

4 hours ago, faraday said:

I see ol' fatty's got something going on with his sleeve.. can't be more watches up there surely?

His sleeves have been a couple of inches longer since "watch gate".

If these ministers were serving the country then they would have joined a coalition with the parties that actually won the election.

Yes do something for the people the ordinary people who will never be able to afford on the HST's or live anywhere near them! Try doing something for them to raise their standard of living rather doing something for the military, who is going to invade Thailand? Who is Thailand going to invade? How can they justify the spend when poverty is rife throughout the land, words mean nothing lets see some action! Wake me up if anything happens.

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

unfortunately, we have the same, in worse, in France;
I often make this comparison between the two countries and I notice that the corruption of the French elites is much more important than that of the Thai elites.
There is not even a photo, as they say :crying:

If this article were about France, perhaps there would be a connection.

Archived