Extentions - Nonthaburi Immigration

gkroo

Have any members processed any extentions (Marriage) at Nonthaburi Imm recently because I have heard that they no longer require 2 copies of everything when submitting your paperwork ??? Can anyone please confirm this as I will be visiting them next Monday. Thanks for yr feedback !!!

Can’t say for marriage but I did my extension based on retirement 2 ½ months ago and had only one copy. Just did my 90 day plus reentry permission Friday, . In and out in 20 minutes. The same IO took care of both at the same time. Showed up at 12:45, they opened at 13:00 and was first in line.

FYI, they did not say anything about insurance or going to visit the house. Had a good (very reliable) friend email me and his IO called and said they were going to visit him and he is on an extension based on retirement for over 10 years. So, at least one IO is requiring it now. IO said came down from their big boss. Not Nonthaburi IO.

Let us know what all they require now, I may go to marriage next time to save that 400000. Tried a marriage over a year ago. I had two witness statements, sister-in-law and another witness with us. No go, said I had to have a statement from next door neighbor and would not give in. Just did a 2 month extension then O in Laos then I flew out.

I did retirement extension in December.. No pompom, 800k.  Did a 90 a few weeks ago, and there was an African with his Thai bride.  He had a big stack of paper, and I got a glimpse of the bed photo.  Had to be suspicious to them.  The heavy set guy is tops, but they moved him over and the lady was a bitch, at the front desk, and I think they maybe told her I was on retirement and not some teacher getting the usual treatment.  Retirement is easier than marriage, for sure. The little Suzuki songtaews will get you to the end of the street for 10 tub.. From major cineplex.  I refuse to use motto mobs at immigration for a number of reasons. Oh, and the lady that did my extension is smart, pretty, and nice... Doesn't seem to be contagious, though. 

Okay,just returned home after spending 6 hours at NI (allowing 1 hour for lunch 12-1) Dealt with a very co-operative IO called "Sumchai" (located at inside cubicle A3) of whom was friendly and very helpful . You will only need to take ONE copy of everything with you and once they have cross checked all the documentation,signed and chopped every page they will ask you to wait outside whilst the docs are then given to the junior guy outside to sort out and register. He then calls you name and asks you to take this docs downstairs to the photocopy shop and get one copy of each doc (my cost was approx 80 baht), return all docs back to this guy and then he takes back inside to his superior for final checking before giving back yr passport & bankbook.  The time delay today was probably because it was a Monday with the next 2 days being public holidays, also I could not get there until 10.30am when there was already a large crowd of people waiting. Good luck with your next marriage extension !!!

Archived