Cornish Pasties

SteveK

• 2 weeks later...
Just cooling down now. The locals can smell it and are very interested, hope I get some. Still couldn't get swede so used carrot instead.

IMG_20190731_174258.thumb.jpg.8330edbc867d63fb21863718bd249007.jpg

That looks pretty damn good !!

But just one question:
Shouldn’t it be Cornish Pastie’s ?

Sorry [emoji20]

58 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Just cooling down now. The locals can smell it and are very interested, hope I get some. Still couldn't get swede so used carrot instead.

That's a lot better than the first attempt. 1 Michelin star.

regards worgeordie

I used half as much salt this time and a tiny pinch of fresh cracked black pepper - it was easily as good as the ones you buy in the UK from those overpriced pasty shops. If I had to be super critical, and I usually am, the Thai palm oil margarine imparted a very subtle taste to the pastry, which although actually was nice, made it taste a bit less authentic. Next time I'm going to try using lard.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

That looks very tasty. HP sauce would go a treat with that.

Made my pasties with pork and came up a treat. I also used that Palm oil margarine they have here. I wouldn't put it on a sandwich but lovely buttery flavour in pastry or cooking. Your Key lime pie was superb too by the way Britman. So easy to make too. Gonna do a cottage pie next.

By the way, may sound a bit daggy but if you make any pie filling, savoury mince, shepherds pie etc throw a can of baked beans in. Really thickens everything up and gives a really smooth texture and a nice flavour. I don't particularly even like baked beans but my grandma used to do it.  

Archived