Advice Needed

swm59nj

11 minutes ago, mania said:

If a Thai had been wrongfully accused like that they would then of course sue for defamation/loss of face

Complete tosh.  For a nothing incident like that it would have ended in wais and smiles.

The implication in your post is clearly that Thais would have made a big deal out of it whilst farang don't.  Erm, you do realise the OP was asking what action he could take and even made a report to his embassy!!

8 hours ago, BurgerGung said:

Years ago, someone accused me of dating a student. After work, I would go shopping and retire to my hotel room. No meals with ladies of any age.

My HoD or the accuser got Immigration Police involved. 

I went there in a huff.

Soon after, the Police said that I was innocent. - Malice? Halucinating or schidzophrenic victim? Hell knows. But such a silly "mistake" can end one's career for good.

Such mistakes HAVE ended many a career and, in some cases, ended in either divorce, a law suit, prison time or a combination thereof. 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, whiteman said:

Could be a con between real estate and manager and lady picking on old farang that just moves in. Hoping to get a pay off times are tuff here now

Do you get your Thailand advice from an ex SAS service man who frequents your favourite Pattaya bar?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a beautiful lesson to learn. This whole scenario should teach you about the BS button. Sounds fuuucked now but give it time you will laugh about it but most of all, you will learn from it. 

Sounds like the most believable story to people who have experienced this type of fucccckked situation. 

Welcome to Thailand, by your own choice.

I would never think for a second that the people that live there want you there.

Something to always keep in the back of your mind.

Pretty sure Thai people in the city have their own opinions about why older Americans move to Thailand and it probably puts you on the bottom rung of their perceived society.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, swm59nj said:

Should I contact the management company headquarters to file a complaint? I called the American Embassy in Bangkok. They said I can email a report to them. But maybe it will just be a waste of time.

You should call a Thai lawyer and sue the manager for defamation.

There's lots of money to be made from this.

Thais courts award $$$$$s for the most trivial of defamation cases.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:37 AM, BurgerGung said:

Years ago, someone accused me of dating a student. After work, I would go shopping and retire to my hotel room. No meals with ladies of any age.

What would be wrong with dating a student?

I married one.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What would be wrong with dating a student?

I married one.

In most countries the power imbalance is at very least frowned upon, and depending on age of student could be criminal

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Yep always speak with security, use your Thai language skills, even if rudimentary. 

Speak with the cleaners and gardeners, it pays off. 

Good luck

I used to kiss security and gardener’s hands whenever I met them. And I was treated like a king. It definitely pays off to show some self-humiliation to the low ranking Thais. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I used to kiss security and gardener’s hands whenever I met them. And I was treated like a king. It definitely pays off to show some humiliation to the low ranking Thais. 

Humility ?