Buriram water supply to run dry in days...

jasonr3255

In our village the water supply that comes via the municipal supply has been stopped. We now rely on the village water which is pumped from the lake at the Tessaban office. Not quite as clean but better than nothing.

Sadly, if you are in the town, you only have one water source. I would advise to go and buy one or two 2000l water tanks and fill them as a reserve.

This has gotten serious. Need to take puchooay advise. The video I'm posting was done yesterday of the Huai saneng reservoir for Meunang Surin. They are already turning water off in parts of town. Both communities are in deep trouble.

Let's face it, this happen pretty much every year although it has to be said this year is worse.

Have no fear. In a couple of months Korat and Surin residents will be complaining they are under a deluge of flood water.

24 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Let's face it, this happen pretty much every year although it has to be said this year is worse.

Have no fear. In a couple of months Korat and Surin residents will be complaining they are under a deluge of flood water.

hmm.  are we not about 40%+ through rainy season already... at this rate they might make it through rainy seas and still not have any water.

17 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

hmm.  are we not about 40%+ through rainy season already... at this rate they might make it through rainy seas and still not have any water.

Do you think so? The rainy season here in Issan has been arriving later and later in recent years. I would think early September is more like 40%+ nowadays.

5 hours ago, puchooay said:

The rainy season here in Issan has been arriving later and later in recent years. I would think early September is more like 40%+ nowadays.

Issan obviously covers a large area, by mid September last year the rainy season had finished where I am outside of Udon & instead of cooling off it got hot - just for a change. This year we were getting what could be considered "normal" rains, though they started a few weeks later than expected, this prolonged dry spell is not usual though!

We live NE of Surin and last year we sowed rice in mid April and the water was 4 inches deep by May 30. This year we sowed the last week of May and there is no standing water in the fields now.  Most of the neighbors started sowing their fields in late March and were finished in April. Their fields are suffering. 

Archived