Russian loan fraud suspect arrested in Pattaya

webfact

Russian loan fraud suspect arrested in Pattaya

By The Nation

7fa7i897hebjihdibhdk9.jpg

Immigration police have arrested a Russian woman wanted for allegedly cheating her debtor out B6.5 million before fleeing to Thailand.

Ksenia Podosyan, was arrested at the request of the Russian Embassy, Pol Maj-General Artchayon Kraithong, commander of the Immigration Police Division 3, told a press conference on Friday 

The Russian embassy told the Immigration Bureau that Podosyan was wanted under an arrest warrant issued by a Russian court for defaulting on a loan worth Bt6.5 million in 2013 before she fled to Thailand.

The Immigration Bureau found that Podosyan had worked for four years as an employee at an export firm in Chon Buri before taking over the business as her own.

Artchayon said the bureau has revoked Podosyan’s visa and she will be deported to Russia.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372877

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-12

On 7/12/2019 at 3:00 AM, webfact said:

under an arrest warrant issued by a Russian court for defaulting on a loan worth Bt6.5 million in 2013 before she fled to Thailand.

Did not know defaulting on a loan in Russia is a warrant-able crime. Glad I borrow in the USA and if it is unsecured, I can walk away damaging my CR and if it's secured, they can take my secured assets. In the worst scenario, I can declare bankruptcy to clear all debts. 

Archived