Russian woman arrested for allegedly using Thai nominee in business

webfact

14 hours ago, tcp7 said:

I might be in the same boat as you are. Can you shed some details on how they achieved this?

My wife had a friend who worked in the Audit office.  Every year I would sign 46 pages to do with tax paid on my company asset (house). One year I signed 47 pages. All pages were in Thai.  Only when my marriage was in difficulty did she smugly advise me not to sign anything I didn't understand.  I found she now had 50% of the shares; an unknown Thai held the other 1%; presumably a friend who would vote against the farang.  I never gave permission for any changes in Thai nominees or share holdings yet I had somehow signed papers to this effect.

Another high profile case solved, well done BIB's....  Thais can sleep easier tonight knowing that the BIB's are on the case of these international crime figures.

And of course the usual BIB photo shoot circus of outstanding graphic arts and PowerPoint artifacts presentation board for the Thai media; the head BIB even has a mic in his hand going through the evil process flow in detail.

OMG this country continues to be just about perception and presentation with mostly very little substance behind it.

Uplift in tea money coming for this outstanding bust by theses BIB's. 

The authorities should do nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Yes, but at least this are paying taxes locally, so money stays here

Is the same abuse ,breaking the Thai law .....taxes paid or not …..is a sword of Damocles hanging over heads ... a stick behind the corner to beat whenever needed

And the 1000s of others?  walk-in to most farang style real estates and find a... farang!  might have a work permit but he's the boss and 'owns' the business. BTW I dont see why we cant own property and businesses here - archaic!   

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

And the 1000s of others?  walk-in to most farang style real estates and find a... farang!  might have a work permit but he's the boss and 'owns' the business. BTW I dont see why we cant own property and businesses here - archaic!   

a stick behind the corner to beat whenever needed ……(if no proof for the other thing they came example….

On 7/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, BestB said:

Putting aside huge number of realestate shops owned and managed by foreigners , pretty much any business owned by foreigners using nominee one way or another 

Even thais use "nominees" because of the extremely stupid rules that you need at least 3 people for a limited.

So there's a fuckton of "accountants" and lawyers and other randos having 1% in thai companies because the founders are only 2 people, goddamn thailand.

20 hours ago, Bipolar said:

So its illegal for farangs to be real estate agents right! They are so many , like even one with an affiliation with a gay paedophile running an illegal media business in phuket but the real estate website is out of asoke, sukhumvit bangkok. Must have to report them! Plus so many rude farangs agents on craiglists.

The legal way for those foreign agents to do this job is to be in that real estate company under the naming "Consultant " , so may do that legally , but not signing contracts or even receiving money .....I wonder if they even can show the condo .....just may …"consulting"

On 7/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, easydoesit said:

Iris scan technology is busting thousands of frauds and cheats.

Where do they do this iris scanning? I've never had my eye scanned in my life.

Collecting this kind of data is a reason to avoid going to any country as far as I'm concerned.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, mikebell said:

Was there any penalty for the Thai nominee?  I speak with some bitterness having fallen for the racist scam of buying a house through Thai nominees.  The unscrupulous Audit company promoted my unscrupulous ex-wife without my knowledge & stole a goodly chunk of my farang children's inheritance.

This is standard operating procedure. 

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

Where do they do this iris scanning? I've never had my eye scanned in my life.

Collecting this kind of data is a reason to avoid going to any country as far as I'm concerned.

I suspect its another case of poor journalism or translation to Thai that seems prevalent in the English press both print and online.

I think we will discover it was "facial recognition", they prob' tested her out after arrest and found she had a match in the immigration database. Immig' has been scanning us all for years. With the upgrade to the new biometric system they probably have access to much better software tools to look into the old database of mug shots.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:56 AM, mikebell said:

My wife had a friend who worked in the Audit office.  Every year I would sign 46 pages to do with tax paid on my company asset (house). One year I signed 47 pages. All pages were in Thai.  Only when my marriage was in difficulty did she smugly advise me not to sign anything I didn't understand.  I found she now had 50% of the shares; an unknown Thai held the other 1%; presumably a friend who would vote against the farang.  I never gave permission for any changes in Thai nominees or share holdings yet I had somehow signed papers to this effect.

If it has anything to do with an asset you care to possess after you pay for it, undoubtedly you know this now; ask for the documents, take them to an independent lawyer pay them to read and tell you what you are signing.  Try googling "provincial thai lawyers that work in English" and no need to advertise anyone.  I worry about this too in that I sign documents including property contracts type documents in English language in another regional country and not sure that is of any value legally, that its in English. 

Archived