Visa Extension and return ticket

Hello,

I am French. I will be applying for a visa in Kathmandu. 60 days tourist visa and then apply for a 30 day visa extension.

I will be staying in Thailand for 88 days. . Returning to Kathmandu. Holding 3 months return ticket.

I have been rejected 2 times: Reason too many entries. Once in Sadao Malaysia border 4 years ago. One time in Cambodia Poipet. I haven’t been in Thailand for almost 2 years. Last visa 17 nov 2017.

Do you think I am going to have a problem at the BKK airport if I don’t have an exit ticket at the end of visa, 60 days?

Thanks for the answer.

52 minutes ago, lamberthomas said:

Do you think I am going to have a problem at the BKK airport if I don’t have an exit ticket at the end of visa, 60 days?

Probably not.

They normally only want to see an onward flight if thinking about denying entry, and I don’t see why they would want to deny you entry having been away for 3 years.

Edited by elviajero

OP, you can disregard your refusal at Poipet. Mad crossing.

You won't have any trouble at bkk airports with visa and your history. 

You may need onward flight to obtain visa. Some consulates require it. Check that out. I recall reading couple of posts that an onward fight less than 90 days was accepted more than the until date on visa (60days). Guess because you can obtain 30 day extension. Check with consulate where your obtaining setv.

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you can disregard your refusal at Poipet. Mad crossing.

Add Sadao to the list. Famous for sticking 100-200 baht in the passport, featured in the news for stopping multi non B holders travelling from Penang (all of them), for half a day, etc etc.

The OP was unlucky to go through the worst land borders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Same passport as 2017, or new passport?

OP has zero recent history enter Thailand. Wont have problem. Also specifically asked about onward flight. Answered already. The onward flight within the 60 day for setv or within 90, given fact setv can be extended by 30, depends on consulate he applies. For example thinking Saigon will except within 90, but some may not. I personally would just turn up at consulate and chat. If they insist within 60, I would on the spot book cheap throw away ticket and pay. Most consulates would want hard copy ticket print out. Would be easy nearby travel agent etc.

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, lamberthomas said:

New passport.

Thanks everyone!!!!

You will be fine, but getting a new passport, as a way around a passport history, is coming to an end, as biometrics now compliment travel document checks. 

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You will be fine, but getting a new passport, as a way around a passport history, is coming to an end, as biometrics now compliment travel document checks. 

Leaver, I think that the new passport only gives you a better chance at border crossing. At airports bkk (op entering bkk airport), think your whole history comes up even with new pp.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Leaver, I think that the new passport only gives you a better chance at border crossing. At airports bkk (op entering bkk airport), think your whole history comes up even with new pp.

Yes, that's what I meant, but surely it's only a matter of time before before all entry points get biometrics. 

23 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, that's what I meant, but surely it's only a matter of time before before all entry points get biometrics. 

For sure. I was bit surprised current post in another current thread, chap mentioned he had 2 passports.... anyway both histories came up on io screen bkk airport. Found that surprising. Linked by details?

Edited by DrJack54

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For sure. I was bit surprised current post in another current thread, chap mentioned he had 2 passports.... anyway both histories came up on io screen bkk airport. Found that surprising. Linked by details?

Maybe from the pictures they take.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

They use the same system at land crossings and airports. A new passport only helps getting new visas at embassy/consulates that make a physical count of previous visas. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Maybe from the pictures they take.

Don't think so. Thinking its connecting date of birth and other stuff like that.

Really I don't know.

BTW bit of useless info...

I fly in out lot. Recently I had reason to instantly turn around back to io. Still on her screen was entry just now along with previous picture of my last entry. Side by side. Bit surprised.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Every time a passport is scanned a search is made against name, date of birth and nationality. Any matches give the IO the chance to link new and old passports.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Every time a passport is scanned a search is made against name, date of birth and nationality. Any matches give the IO the chance to link new and old passports.

Elvia,...I don't have link to post I referred to. Not clear on detail but this guy had two passports. Think one German and other whatever. Thing is different names. Never heard that before. His point was all history came up. Meaning referenced by date of birth and other details excluding name?