Enlarged prostate or Urethral Stricture?

sas_cars

I'm a 38 year old male. I was having frequent urination problem since last 3/4 years which recently became worse as me having to wake up in the night up to 4-5 times. Yesterday I had an appointment with a Urologist at Vibharam Hospital. They checked the urine and it was cleared for any infections. He said he thought I probably had Urethral Stricture and not BPH aka enlarged prostate since I am too young for that?

He said he needed to insert camera to check the blockage and to confirm the diagnose whether I indeed have urethral stricture, and he said the insertion would be a bit painful procedure, which I said let me think first. For the time being, he suggested me to take Tamsulosin which is sold as Harnal or Uroflow here in Thailand.

I have some questions, what's this insert camera procedure called? And where it's inserted?

And if indeed is urethral stricture, what are the best treatments available for it? Is surgery the only option or medication can help too? Thanks a lot

Yes.  They stick that camera tube up your penis...

But, you seem way to young but you never know.

Surgery.  You serious??

No way....

What is your alcohol consumption?

Are you on any or numerous medications/opiates?

Are you drinking a lot or whatever even water late at night.?

Have you had STD cultures?

If there are some lifestyle habits you question about yourself, stop for awhile and see what happens.

Otherwise, have the camera check and gut it out.

Good luck.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/urethral-stricture/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20362386

The camera insertion is called cystoscopy. A local anesthetic is used to numb the urethra.

If stricture is confirmed, best to be treated by a urologist with significant experience in that problem.

I don't think prostatitis (a more likely cause in someone your age) can be ruled out if all they did was check a urine sample.

If you want another opinion, and a clear discussion of your options, go see Dr. Viroj at Bumrungrad

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Viroj-Chodchoy

Bring lab report with you so as to avoid repeating same test

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/urethral-stricture/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20362386

The camera insertion is called cystoscopy. A local anesthetic is used to numb the urethra.

If stricture is confirmed, best to be treated by a urologist with significant experience in that problem.

I don't think prostatitis (a more likely cause in someone your age) can be ruled out if all they did was check a urine sample.

If you want another opinion, and a clear discussion of your options, go see Dr. Viroj at Bumrungrad

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Viroj-Chodchoy

Bring lab report with you so as to avoid repeating same test
Thanks a lot for the explanation Sheryl. I just read about cystoscopy on the internet and it seems there are 2 types of it. Flexible and Rigid, of which flexible is not painful. What kind of cystoscopy is done in thai hospitals usually?

Thanks for the recommendation of Dr. Viroj. However, since he works in one of the most expensive hospital in the city, I am not sure I can afford to treat myself in that hospital?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

Thanks a lot for the explanation Sheryl. I just read about cystoscopy on the internet and it seems there are 2 types of it. Flexible and Rigid, of which flexible is not painful. What kind of cystoscopy is done in thai hospitals usually?

Thanks for the recommendation of Dr. Viroj. However, since he works in one of the most expensive hospital in the city, I am not sure I can afford to treat myself in that hospital?

I can tell you doctor Viroj is great. They did a ultrasound of my prostrate right away, blood PSA tests plus two doctor visits. Results at 9am the next morning. 

Total cost about 7500 baht for everything. at least you will have a second opinion.

13 hours ago, sas_cars said:

Either type may be doen depending on need.

I was suggesting Dr, Viroj just for a second opinion. It may actuall ysave yo umore money than it costs.

Archived